All Things Glory...

kinggartk

I have a chance to get an upgrade to a Spa deck balcony on the Glory. I know nothing about this ship. Is it a good or bad deck or should I look at a different deck? If so, what's the more favorable deck? Thanks!

I could have an upgrade to this but didn't take it because we are doing a Canada cruise. If it gets rough, high and forward is not where you want to be.

Here is a good website to check out the cabins.

www.cruisedeckplans.com

What is above you can greatly effect your comfort if you are a light sleeper. I prefer a sandwich - rooms above and below me. That's why we chose Empress Deck.

• 7 months later...

Does anyone have any up to date information and/or photos of Carnival's Glory? I am booked for a September cruise to New England/Canada and have not cruised Carnival in nearly 20 years. Would appreciate any information including activities, movies, night life, early morning risers, etc. Thanks.:)

• 2 weeks later...

i am getting onboard glory tomorrow morning.

so excited.

this thread was started in 2007 and so much has changed since then.

glory no longer has a mongolian station- makes me sad because that was one of the reasons i booked it.

but it does have pirate pizza and guys burgers.

we are also booked for a canada run for august 19

the best oceanview cabin is now called a scenic ocean view.

google valor 9200 to'see'it

Does anyone have any up to date information and/or photos of Carnival's Glory? I am booked for a September cruise to New England/Canada and have not cruised Carnival in nearly 20 years. Would appreciate any information including activities, movies, night life, early morning risers, etc. Thanks.:)

I've discovered except for general information, this information is going to be hard to retrieve until the beginning of June. The ship changes itineraries in June so things will not be the same as it is now when it is going south.

Also from last year to this year the Glory has implemented the 2.0 upgrades, so again things will be different than what you read in this thread.

I was given this link about a week ago, but I tried it this morning and for some reason it won't let me in

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/...ublicAreas.htm

The same information is in post #4 in this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=36732778#post36732778

Hope this helps some

After the 2.0 Upgrade, breakfast is no longer served each morning in the MDR ? Is this true ?

The breakfast and lunch that used to be offered, from my understanding is no longer offered but replaced by punchliners comedy brunch.

Hi, newbie here, I am considering sailing on the Glory from Norfolk this year. I am actually considering doing the 2 day cruise to nowhere in May and then doing a 5 day to the Bahamas in October. I am wondering what are the thoughts on the Bahamas itinerary, also, I am trying to find info on this particular cabin- 7434. It is very oddly shaped and I am not sure why its considered a premium balcony. I have tried to google but I am not sure if it is the same cabin. If you have any info on either of these, please let me know. Thanks in advance!!

The punchliner brunch is only on sea days. On port days, I think there is still breakfast in the MDR. There isn't a MDR lunch on port days.

I had the new pizza on the Liberty and it is yummy. And I always enjoy Guy's burgers. I am going to have to try the burritos again, I didn't have any of them last cruise.

I really love all the 2.0 upgrades, I think they add a lot to the ship.

Just off the Glory a few weeks ago. The 2.0 upgrades were very nice! Guys Burgers lived up to the hype and even if there was a line it moved VERY quickly. The breakfast burritos were great and enjoyed the new style pizza moreso than the pizza on past cruises. The HASBRO game show was fun. They did it 3 times during our 7 day cruise. Here's a hint if you wanna be chosen: Sit toward the aisle, wear something that will get you noticed and jump and scream a lot. Don't worry about being up close to the stage. Josh (CD) comes right down into the aisle and walks down the aisle to pick contestants. He chose mostly those that were close to the aisle but sitting a little further back. All three times he chose teams of 4 consisting of both adults and children. Loved the Red Frog Rum Bar and Blue Iguana Tequila bar. Lots of fun there and great atmosphere. My biggest complaint was the Lido deck entertainment. It was terrible! I've been on 13 cruises and we really missed the live bands and duos. No caribbean music at all. A DJ who played the same songs in the same order on multiple days. Does not take requests and does not stray from his playlist. There was also two guitar soloist who were not very good either. Guitar soloist just don't belong on the lido deck. Put them in a lounge or atrium but not on the lido deck. Loved the big screen movies under the stars. They give out free popcorn (small machine and always a line). You can also sign out a dive-in blanket from the towel hut for free. That was nice because it was chilly out there a few nights! Disappointed that they changed the arcade for the kids. We don't let ours have charging privileges so we used to go and buy them $10 worth of tokens and let them play. Now you have to swipe your card for EVERY game. That was annoying. Staff was very friendly and competent. All in all a good cruise but live entertainment was lacking.

I am booking a jan 2014 cruise on the glory tomorrow . Wish me luck . This is our first cruise me and dh in our 50's It's a very big deal to us .

Good for you, going on your first cruise. I think you'll love it; most of us do! Just, like any vacation, don't expect every little thing to be perfect. You have lots of time between now and your cruise, so follow these boards, ask questions, familiarize yourselves with the ship and the ports. And don't forget to join the roll call for your cruise.

Our sailing of the Glory leaves on March 24! Can't wait! Any tips/ideas from past cruisers as ship "must dos"?

Make sure you attend a Name that Tune with the asst cruise director Emerson. (he calls himself Dr. E. )

It was amazing and it got better as the week wore on with the amount of people attending.

We were on Valor/Glory B2B in Dec. Loved the Conquest class ships.

Glory has lots of good dining options, especially for lunch. Guy's Burgers were really good except when they occasionally were over-charred. Nice to have the fish-n-chips option upstairs from the Lido buffet. Menu includes fried oysters, ceviche and boullabaise in addition to the fish/chips.

Deli, tacos/burritos at Blue Iguana cantina, and Pizza Pirate round out the offerings in addition to the buffet stations.

I don't like the fact they replaced the sushi bar with the Taste Bar. They used to offer sushi every evening on the Promenade deck, was a nice pre-dinner treat. The Taste Bar is not open every night, so I'd have to consider that a bit of a cut-back. The Nonna's meatballs, a "taste" of Cucina del Capitano restaraunt were excellent. Although they do offer sushi at the Red Sail buffet for dinner, that did me no good when I'm having dinner in the MDR.

I enjoyed Glory very much and wouldn't hesitate to book again.

i am getting onboard glory tomorrow morning.

so excited.

this thread was started in 2007 and so much has changed since then.

glory no longer has a mongolian station- makes me sad because that was one of the reasons i booked it.

but it does have pirate pizza and guys burgers.

we are also booked for a canada run for august 19

the best oceanview cabin is now called a scenic ocean view.

google valor 9200 to'see'it

Glory still has the Mongolian Wok option. Guy's Burgers and Blue Iguana Cantina are the first options going aft on Lido. Mongolian Wok is inside at one of the Red Sail buffet stations.

We were on Valor/Glory B2B and DW had it both weeks. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong?

He chose mostly those that were close to the aisle but sitting a little further back. All three times he chose teams of 4 consisting of both adults and children. .

We found he picked a child, a man, a women and an older person on each team.

Glory still has the Mongolian Wok option. Guy's Burgers and Blue Iguana Cantina are the first options going aft on Lido. Mongolian Wok is inside at one of the Red Sail buffet stations.

We were on Valor/Glory B2B and DW had it both weeks. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong?

Glory does NOT have the Mongolian station.

they do have Comfort Station now/

When guys burgers was added in November the mongolian station was taken out.

He may have eaten at the Mongolian station on the Valor-- I dont know if they took that out yet.

But on the Glory- it was taken out in November.

It was one of the reasons I booked the Glory-- I LOVED the mongolian station

Hi, newbie here, I am considering sailing on the Glory from Norfolk this year. I am actually considering doing the 2 day cruise to nowhere in May and then doing a 5 day to the Bahamas in October. I am wondering what are the thoughts on the Bahamas itinerary, also, I am trying to find info on this particular cabin- 7434. It is very oddly shaped and I am not sure why its considered a premium balcony. I have tried to google but I am not sure if it is the same cabin. If you have any info on either of these, please let me know. Thanks in advance!!

My husband and I stayed in cabin 7434 last week! It is shaped like an "L" because it it situated around a set of crew stairs. I was worried that the stairs would be loud but we didn't hear any noise. Since the room is oddly shaped, our balcony was twice as wide as most of the balconies. When I am home, I will try to post some photos. I am also in the middle of writing a detailed review (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1782569) with lots of photos so there are some of the balcony sprinkled throughout and I do have one photo of the room.

I would totally book this room again because I loved spending time on the balcony.

I never liked the old lido deck burgers. How were Guy's burgers?

Nothing at all like the lido deck burgers.

But the hot dogs- you can get them at the deli are nothing like the lido deck grill. Now they are all grey and mushy.

• 4 months later...
How come Carnival doesn't sell the Glory repositionings as overnight cruises - Boston > New York > Norfolk > Miami. (At least it doesn't look like they do) That would be fun.

I'm not sure in general however for the last one the crew told us they had a great 2 day crew party. It sounded like a nice thing for them to do. They were able to work 4 hours a day rotating shifts. They had parties and prizes etc. During their 4 hour shifts they would also have general cleaning/maintenance to do on an empty ship.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Archived