WINDY-HILLY ROADS IN ST. LUCIA..should we be nervous???

many cruises

We're getting a little nervous when we read about the windy, hilly roads we will be driving on. Are they really as bad as some people are making it sound?

Yes, the roads are very windy, but you have to remember that these drivers live here and know the roads like the back of their hands, so it isn't a big deal to them.

I do suggest if you are prone to motion sickness, to take something before going on this tour, but PLEASE don't let a few windy roads deter you from this tour. I just got back from St Lucia and this was the best tour I have ever had. There was a very large group of us and everyone felt the same way. It was a day we'll never forget.

The last poster was right - don't NOT book a tour because of the roads. You have to travel them to get to just about anywhere on the island, but the drivers are very cautious. My daughter is extremely prone to motion sickness, but she took her Bonine at breakfast and was fine.

aw....our roads are just fine ..yes u might feel a little sicky but i mean, thats just normal car sickness. dont be nervous. besides our south is worth the drive

The whole island is worth the drive!! :D What a gorgeous paradise!!

I want to say that although the roads are winding, they are EXTREMELY nice roads...it's not like your driving on dirt or gravel. Everything is beautifully paved. (just wanted to clarify!!)

I second what everyone else says above. The roads in St. Lucia are NICE and well-maintained (at least the ones you'll drive on Cosol's Tour) They are not scary at all (like the roads in Dominica where it always seems like you're about to plunge down a mountainside). They just have a lot of twists and turns and ups and downs.

you won't notice this much on the outbound part of Cosol's tour, where there are frequent stops - but on the ride back they pretty much drive it straight, so there can be trouble - especially if anyone's had too many beers and/or spiced rum along the way! It helps to open the windows.

Don't be scared - just be prepared! :D (and don't miss this beautiful island, either)

Okay, maybe I'm being really picky, but it took my reading several posts before I realized that when people were commenting that the roads in St. Lucia are "windy" they really meant "winding." As in "the long and winding road." At first I thought they meant that it was very "breezy" as in gale force winds. So many people used the term "windy" that I couldn't believe nobody questioned it sooner.

Am I the only nut job that thinks that's weird?

Okay, maybe I'm being really picky, but it took my reading several posts before I realized that when people were commenting that the roads in St. Lucia are "windy" they really meant "winding." As in "the long and winding road." At first I thought they meant that it was very "breezy" as in gale force winds. So many people used the term "windy" that I couldn't believe nobody questioned it sooner.

Am I the only nut job that thinks that's weird?

LOL...No, I thought the OP meant windy (as in blowing winds) at first, but only for a second...only because I had just gotten beack from the tour and the roads were indeed very winding so it clicked after a few seconds. ;)

Archived