Feb/March Cruising!

Browneyedhunni85

we are leaving out of tampa the 1st of march on a western carribean cruise. what is the weather like in grand cayman, belize and cozumel then. have only got light clothes to pack like sun dresses etc. will they be ok or not.any help appreciated.

I guess my main concern is it being chilly for our ports of calls. Was it warm enough to swim & layout on the ship as well as ashore? We live in GA so we drive to Fla. I've never cruised this time. Its always been June or August so this will be new. I just want to make sure I am gonna feel like I am in the Carb. Hehe, sorry for all the questions!

We have sailed the western caribbean during spring break in March and the weather was absolutely beautiful. It was very warm. Our ports were Freeport, Costa Maya and Grand Caymans. Not cold at all.

We always cruise the very end of February, that's just our favorite time of year for cruising. The weather is perfect, and it is not too warm in the caribbean. Actually, the weather is perfect in the caribbean. You just pack the same clothing that you would take if you were going any other time of the year.

For the past two years we cruised the first week of March, and we are doing it again this year. This will be our second time out of Miami. Miami was hot, hot, hot two years ago. Last year we sailed out of Tampa and we had one nice day and one rainy day before we left. Not that it mattered to me. We are from the Toronto area and they had huge snowstorms the whole time we were on holiday. We always fly in two days before to get some R&R before our cruise--lol. And the night before we fly out we stay at the Sheraton at the airport just to start off our vacation on a good note. For the past two years, we have had fantastic weather while cruising. I sure hope that the tradition continues this March:) :)

we are leaving out of tampa the 1st of march on a western carribean cruise. what is the weather like in grand cayman, belize and cozumel then. have only got light clothes to pack like sun dresses etc. will they be ok or not.any help appreciated.

Weather is perfect that time of year in those ports. Outta Tampa, it may be a little cool on deck first/last nite. But, the sail away from Tampa is SPECTACULAR and well worth it.

How has your experience been crusing at the end of feb/early march? Pro's & Con's??

I probably wouldn't do a Bahamas cruise, but most itineraries should be pretty nice. The only "Con" is that the cruises tend to be a little more expensive at this time, and be sure to book your air ASAP.

By the way, I'm on the Destiny December 2 and I'm sooooooooooo ready!!:D

Oh Oh...."too cool" is how cool? We are going to Bahamas late February...

Cruised the Bahamas late January 2003, and it was 58 degrees that day in port. Sat on the pool deck waiting to disembark in our winter coats... I guess I wouldn't have my heart set on swimming if I were you, but it should at least be warm by Feb.

i cruised last january 6th on the elation, to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau. the weather was great. i swam in every port except nassau. it was a little cool there, but perfect if you were just shopping or something that didn't include being wet. i have the inspiration booked for feb. 25th. i hope the weather is as good.

sensation march 04

sovereign of the sea april 05

inspiration october 05

sensation may 06

holiday september 06

elation january 07

inspiration 08

The only thing I suggest is leaving out of Southern Florida. I have left out of New Orleans and LA and in February/Early March, the weather in NO and LA is hit or miss. The year we left out of NO, it was 32 degrees out and it didn't get warm until a whole day later...and then on the way back, the last day at sea was chilly!! Nicer than Iowa, but chilly! Just my opinion.

We have taken four cruises to the Caribbean at the end of February. (That's when our kids had vacation.) Two of those trips were out of Miami and one was out of San Juan. We wore shorts and short-sleeved shirts for all three of those trips. Our kids found it absolutley incredible that we wore summer attire in the port cities while back home (northern New England) was buried in snow with freezing cold temperatures. We had no problem sitting by the pool on embarkation days either.

We cruised Western Caribbean twice, then Eastern Caribbean followed by Southern Caribbean. (That was my all time favorite cruise.) The islands were all beautifully warm and sunny. We came back home after each trip with tans that made everyone who stayed home jealous.

One of our cruises was out of New Orleans so I agree about sailing out of NO. It took an entire day to get to temperatures warm enough to sunbathe on the ship. Coming back to port was equally chilly.

I prefer February because it cuts the winter in half, gives us something to celebrate on New Year's Eve, and gets us somewhere warm when we are really cold. Our next cruise is this coming July because two of the kids in our group are now college students and do not have vacation at the end of February anymore.

The only con is worrying about flights because of weather, but we always fly in a day ahead of the cruise and take very early morning flights so, should there be a problem, we still have time to make other arrangements.

Hope this helps.

We have done 3 cruises in Janurary and 6 in February. We have done from the beginning of February to the end. We have always had great weather once we got to Florida. We have got stuck in florida twice. Once was because NorthEast got belted with a blizzard. Went all the way to Ft lauderdale to get turned around. Had to go back and find a hotel again. Airport was closed going to Northeast. It is a pain dragging suitcases in the snow. Couldn't even drag them last time. Snow was over my car and up to my husband Ford F250. We had over a foot coming home. Love being in the nice weather and away from the cold snowy Northeast. Have a great time whenever you go. We love cruising. Nothing like it. We enjoy Carnival. Done a few other lines. We enjoy them.

We booked today and decided on March 2nd on the Victory sailing out of Miami. I can't wait!

Sorry to see you won't be sailing with us the week before, but we'll try to leave the ship in good condition for you :D Actually I would have loved to do a b2b for your week too as the price was so good but didn't want to use that much vacation time at once for the year. Have fun !!

Archived