Don't you just love CHAIR HOGS!!!

wilson9112

If we removed the "chair hog" posts from this site, I think that there might be about 3 posts left to be read. Hasn't this thing been overdone to death at least a 1000 times?

DON

Who held a gun to your head and made you read this thread?:D :eek:

If I see obviously hogged chairs I will usually wait several minutes and if no one claims one I remove their things and enjoy the chair. I'v never had anyone complain about me being in their chair. YET! ;)

I agree, if you think it's been done to death how about you ignore the thread and move along your merry way. It's comical how every discussion board has it's subject counters.

Thank you, at least there is someone with a brain out there??? LOL:D

Hello wilson9112, We are sailing the NCL Sun the week prior to you....I promise to leave her in fine condition....

Here is my solution to the Chair hog thingy. (I have done this)

Scope out some obvious violaters....then......Move there stuff to another chair and then do this a few more times...then take a seat and order a cocktail and sit back and watch the confusion!!! It makes for hours & hours of fun people watching at the expense of the "Those" people.

Usually it turns out to be a group event with all of the people around us......Try it!!!!

Hello wilson9112, We are sailing the NCL Sun the week prior to you....I promise to leave her in fine condition....

Here is my solution to the Chair hog thingy. (I have done this)

Scope out some obvious violaters....then......Move there stuff to another chair and then do this a few more times...then take a seat and order a cocktail and sit back and watch the confusion!!! It makes for hours & hours of fun people watching at the expense of the "Those" people.

Usually it turns out to be a group event with all of the people around us......Try it!!!!

I like that, but when they ask me for my card they will know and I will be charged BUT ITS WORTH IT LOL.................:D

If we removed the "chair hog" posts from this site, I think that there might be about 3 posts left to be read. Hasn't this thing been overdone to death at least a 1000 times?

DON

I think this one is different because we actually have a couple of possible solutions??

Just like a cure for cancer....you hear the same thing over and over again from the researchers....but you sure don't want them to quit until there is a cure!!

I think this one is different because we actually have a couple of possible solutions??

Just like a cure for cancer....you hear the same thing over and over again from the researchers....but you sure don't want them to quit until there is a cure!!

Don't know if there will ever be a cure for rudeness.:(

Sorry :(

Don't be "SORRY". You are entitled to 'talk' about anything you want!

I agree that the chair hogs are ignorant! Last March I was on a Celebrity cruise and I walked around and around the pool looking for a chair somewhat near the pool. I only needed one as DH is not a pool person. The whole time there was a chair with 3-4 towels on it next to a lady in a swimsuit, but with so much gold jewelry on her that I knew she was not swimming (she would have sunk). I asked politely if the chair was being used. She about bit my head off and said her DH was sitting there. I finally found a chair directly across from her. Ten minutes after I sat down she got up and spread out the towels on her chair and the one next to her, pushed a little table between the 2 chairs and picked some cups off of the deck and put them on the table and walked away. I was there for another 2 hours and she never came back! Finally my DH came by and brought me an iced tea and asked me to go have a salad with him. I did not want to lose my chair so I said how about we go fix a salad and come back? We were gone 12 minutes (I timed it). Someone had taken my towels and book and thrown them on the deck and yelled at me for being a chair hog! So I went over and took the towels off of the other ladie's chairs and put them in the hamper and DH and I sat down and ate our salads! I was there another 1 1/2 hours and never saw the woman or her husband. I was not being a chair hog, in my opinion, but I think that other lady was! What do you think?

I agree that the chair hogs are ignorant! Last March I was on a Celebrity cruise and I walked around and around the pool looking for a chair somewhat near the pool. I only needed one as DH is not a pool person. The whole time there was a chair with 3-4 towels on it next to a lady in a swimsuit, but with so much gold jewelry on her that I knew she was not swimming (she would have sunk). I asked politely if the chair was being used. She about bit my head off and said her DH was sitting there. I finally found a chair directly across from her. Ten minutes after I sat down she got up and spread out the towels on her chair and the one next to her, pushed a little table between the 2 chairs and picked some cups off of the deck and put them on the table and walked away. I was there for another 2 hours and she never came back! Finally my DH came by and brought me an iced tea and asked me to go have a salad with him. I did not want to lose my chair so I said how about we go fix a salad and come back? We were gone 12 minutes (I timed it). Someone had taken my towels and book and thrown them on the deck and yelled at me for being a chair hog! So I went over and took the towels off of the other ladie's chairs and put them in the hamper and DH and I sat down and ate our salads! I was there another 1 1/2 hours and never saw the woman or her husband. I was not being a chair hog, in my opinion, but I think that other lady was! What do you think?

I personally don't think you were a chair hog. 12 minutes, it could have been bathroom break in that amount of time. Would they rather you hop in the pool to pee so you can keep an eye on your chair? But wow, this other lady sure was a chair hog. How rude!

I had a lady go postal on me when I tried to slightly move some of her stuff off of the third empty chair from her- I didn't even think it was hers as she was talking for HOURS to two women behind her and never once used the chairs next to her in any way. She was screaming in heavily (Russian) accented English that she was going to call security, etc. It was the only time I have ever almost lost it or even gotten angry on a cruise. I got right up in her face and said, essentially, "go right ahead, Lady." Well, she went off for DAYS, every single time she saw me, about how I was a thief, etc. Was I rattled? YES. It was embarrassing to say the least. She was about 4 feet tall, in her sixties, and her whole posse had tons of gold jewelry and let's just say their choice of swimwear and clothing pushed the envelope a bit. Everywhere I went they were there, grumbling and pointing and (I swear to God) threatening me!!!

Lesson learned: get a chair in places you would not ordinarily sit. My days by the helipad on my last cruise were the most relaxing times on the whole trip. I will bet that anyone can find a chair if you just get out of the way of the masses and you will enjoy it FAR MORE than being by the pool.

Good Lord! :eek: I think that somepeople have no manners at all! 12 minutes is a most acceptable time to be away from ones chair I would imagine.

Do the pools have 'attendants' that would be able to move a 'chair hogs' things for you?

If so, I think it may be safer to do that :(

I had a lady go postal on me when I tried to slightly move some of her stuff off of the third empty chair from her- I didn't even think it was hers as she was talking for HOURS to two women behind her and never once used the chairs next to her in any way. She was screaming in heavily (Russian) accented English that she was going to call security, etc. It was the only time I have ever almost lost it or even gotten angry on a cruise. I got right up in her face and said, essentially, "go right ahead, Lady." Well, she went off for DAYS, every single time she saw me, about how I was a thief, etc. Was I rattled? YES. It was embarrassing to say the least. She was about 4 feet tall, in her sixties, and her whole posse had tons of gold jewelry and let's just say their choice of swimwear and clothing pushed the envelope a bit. Everywhere I went they were there, grumbling and pointing and (I swear to God) threatening me!!!

Lesson learned: get a chair in places you would not ordinarily sit. My days by the helipad on my last cruise were the most relaxing times on the whole trip. I will bet that anyone can find a chair if you just get out of the way of the masses and you will enjoy it FAR MORE than being by the pool.

Wow... That is all I can say. Wow.

So perhaps we should get some chair coupons when we book - perhaps 25 for the week. (More could be purchased of course!)

For 3 tickets we could rent an hour on the pool apron.

For 2 tickets we could rent an hour on the rest of the pool deck.

For 1 ticket we could be near the bar.

For free we could sit in the less than desirable areas.

Just got off the Nov. 2nd transatlantic cruise on Costa's Fortuna. The pool staff removed towels left by the chair hogs. If there were personal items, ie. shoes etc. they just left that chair alone. Of course they did not do this all the time, but at least they tried to do something.

I guess we have all seen some pretty bad things out there. On my last Carnival cruise (11/06, Valor) there was a fight in the show lounge with some blood drawn over couple chairs with good view. Mind you, there were plenty of chairs available on the balcony.

To be honest, I have never had problems finding chairs or confronting chair hogs. What I normally do is get up around 8 am, put bathing suit on and get my DH half awake (OK, may be quarter) and head for the pool deck. I don't like chairs right by the pool (too many splashing and loud kids normally), so we get 2 chairs 3-4 rows back or on the bleachers around the pool. Then I go get breakfast, go to gym, etc., while my DH enjoys his snooze in the sun (this is his favorite part of the cruise :) ). I am never gone more then an hour and all this time he is there in the chair next to mine. Here is the question though - "Am I a "chair hog"? I've never considered myself one, especially comared to other people around (on our last RCI cruise one Jersey family routinely "reserved" 2 rows of 5 chairs starting at like 6 am), but would like to know your opinion!

I do think that chair hogging is a problem and don't want to contribute to it.

What I normally do is get up around 8 am, put bathing suit on and get my DH half awake (OK, may be quarter) and head for the pool deck. I don't like chairs right by the pool (too many splashing and loud kids normally), so we get 2 chairs 3-4 rows back or on the bleachers around the pool. Then I go get breakfast, go to gym, etc., while my DH enjoys his snooze in the sun (this is his favorite part of the cruise :) ). I am never gone more then an hour and all this time he is there in the chair next to mine. Here is the question though - "Am I a "chair hog"?

:) NO.:)

Tahnks for you replies. I love cruising and want everyone to enjoy it with me, so didn't wan to contribute to the problem :)

I guess I am lucky my DH can sleep ANYWARE ANYTIME. All that military training finally paying off in real life:D

I guess we have all seen some pretty bad things out there. On my last Carnival cruise (11/06, Valor) there was a fight in the show lounge with some blood drawn over couple chairs with good view. Mind you, there were plenty of chairs available on the balcony.

To be honest, I have never had problems finding chairs or confronting chair hogs. What I normally do is get up around 8 am, put bathing suit on and get my DH half awake (OK, may be quarter) and head for the pool deck. I don't like chairs right by the pool (too many splashing and loud kids normally), so we get 2 chairs 3-4 rows back or on the bleachers around the pool. Then I go get breakfast, go to gym, etc., while my DH enjoys his snooze in the sun (this is his favorite part of the cruise :) ). I am never gone more then an hour and all this time he is there in the chair next to mine. Here is the question though - "Am I a "chair hog"? I've never considered myself one, especially comared to other people around (on our last RCI cruise one Jersey family routinely "reserved" 2 rows of 5 chairs starting at like 6 am), but would like to know your opinion!

I do think that chair hogging is a problem and don't want to contribute to it.

I'm leaning towards "yes, you fit the description." How long are you in the chair compared to how long are you out of it? That's the deciding information, not whether DH is there snoozing or not.

I'm leaning towards "yes, you fit the description." How long are you in the chair compared to how long are you out of it? That's the deciding information, not whether DH is there snoozing or not.

Well, we both love sun, so I am there from 8 am till about 5 pm with brakes for getting breakfast (about 30 min tops), gym (ocassionally, 1 hour tops) and lunch (trip to buffet and back) and of course cooling off at the pool. So I would say I am in the chair at least 85% of the time. Of course, DH takes brakes too, but I am there then. :)

Thank you for your comment

That's the best description I've seen yet!

Archived