Vista Suite- Dolphin or Emerald Deck?

Bilyeu5

Thanks for your insight, Katherine. I know what you mean about stressing about what you've read before a trip. I love these boards for all the useful information but when asking for others opinions, it's important we all remember they are just that....other's opinions. ;)

We've booked the Caribe deck aft suites. I will continue to research all I can and hope for the best!

We were in a Dolphin VS last month Sometimes I do wonder if I should even be reading these boards because I stressed about it beforehand and it was a waste of my mental health. ;)

We also noted that the Emerald VS has a larger beam than the Dolphin one. I found it a bit more intrusive and I am glad I had the Dolphin level one.

I also DEFINITELY felt the thrusters during docking. It was like sleeping on a giant vibrator that would turn on around 6am and go for about 30-40 minutes. I didn't mind being woken up each night till the last 2 nights, when I was really in need of sleep and found the 6am shakes a bit more annoying than at the beginning. The whole room vibrated (lamps, mirrors, drawers...) and even my deep sleeping preteen woke up to it each morning we docked. It's not a horrible experience but whomever books these aft suites needs to know about it. Also, the motion during sailing was significantly more than midship, which didn't bother me one bit but when we had guests in our room everyone commented on the "waving". We like feeling the ship move a bit but if you are prone to motion sickness...

:)

we were on this identical cruise last month - we had an aft cabin one deck BELOW on Emerald which is closer to the thrusters - didn't feel any motion and slept til 9am every morning - perhaps anyone too prone to motion would be best to choose a cabin MIDSHIP and as close to the water as possible - maybe we are immune to it all by now - we love those sea days

Archived