RCCL question from first time cruiser

dukemha

How long before the cruise sets sail can I expect to receive cruise-specific information from RCCL? Our ship, JOS, sails in January but apart from a confirmation of payment, I've received nothing from RCCL as yet - except for several generic RCCL emails. Just wondering......

Well about a month before your cruise you'll receive your documents. Inside of there will be information on excursions, etc. Nothing ship-specific, though. But that's really basically it.

I'd recommend browsing their website now to look at things about the ship, and ask any questions here you may have about the ship (or cruising in general).

I have spent quite a bit of time browsing the Cruise Critic and RCCL sites and, thanks to all the great information available, have been able to make decisions about our various activities once in port. But I was starting to get concerned about not hearing directly from RCCL. But it sounds as though I can expect to hear something in the next 2 weeks or so. Thanks for putting my mind at ease.

I have spent quite a bit of time browsing the Cruise Critic and RCCL sites and, thanks to all the great information available, have been able to make decisions about our various activities once in port. But I was starting to get concerned about not hearing directly from RCCL. But it sounds as though I can expect to hear something in the next 2 weeks or so. Thanks for putting my mind at ease.

If you want to book excursions you can do it NOW right online and don't need to wait for your docs to arrive. Go to RCCL.com and then "before you board" and then shore excursions. A lot of the good ones do book up early so do it as soon as you can.

If you are getting e-docs, all you have to do is input all your travel information on the website and print your Set Sail Pass. You don't need anything else, you can get luggage tags when you arrive.

And I agree with the poster above - if there are excusions you want, book them NOW on the website. The most popular ones will be sold out if you wait until you get on the ship.

Have a great time and let us know how you enjoyed the cruise when you get back.

As long as you have your booking number, you really don't NEED any of the paperwork! If you have a cruise brochure, all the same info will be in there and will be in the docs. The exception are the excursions, which you can find online.

Archived