Finally Registered to Participate Here!

JessInNY

:) Hi Everyone,

First let me say THANK YOU for the great info I have read here! I AM finally going on a cruise! -- CP in November! My first time. I am taking my Mom, she is in her seventies. I really hope she has a nice time! I have a few questions. I would greatly appreciate any assistance:

I have booked for 8 people, our rooms are: A338, C526, R624 and R604 (seems that all were upgraded Except for me! - the organizer!). Oh well. Any comments about the rooms listed above would be great!

I have used the Cruise Personalizer and have reserved a Cabana (after reading here about the limited amount, I would be very surprised if I was early enough to really get one). My question: When booking the Cabana in Princess Cays, it asked how many adults/children. Do they charge $8 per each adult, or per Cabana? -- I put in one adult price said $8, when I put in 2 adults, the price said $16???? So, if I put in 2 adults, do they hold 2 cabanas? I only want one and cannot see why one would be more than $8 regardless of number of people. Anyone have any thoughts here???

That's it for now. Again, thank you everyone!

Hi Jess, Welcome to princess. I am sure you and your Mom will love it!! :) I am sorry to report that Princess Cays was demolished in Hurricane Frances. But don't cancel your order on Cabanas. It could be ready by your sail time. From what I have read 1 cabana can hold 2 people!!!

Welcome to Princess. Are those cabins you mentioned balcony cabins? The balconies on Caribe deck are oversized, partially exposed. Room for table, chairs and two lounges. Riviera deck has the Aft pool. Those cabins are very convenient to Horizon Court. Aloha deck has the regular sized covered balconies. All are nice, and you'll enjoy whichever one you are in.

As for your question about the cabanas I was wondering the same thing myself. But now I'm just hoping Princess Cays is still there! :eek:

Sharon

The cabanas are new to Princess Cays and we are speculating that the pic posted is what Princess is using.

And it has been reported that Princess Cays has been severely damaged by the hurricane. I sailed a few years ago on Princess when the island was damaged earlier in the season by Princess Cays and our ship was the first to go back (I can't remember if it was Thanksgiving on Sea Princess in 1999 or first of Dec in 2000). We are all hoping that Princess is able to quickly rebuild Princess Cays since it truly is a lovely place to stop.

Archived