Scenic tour suggestion

tayl

This is our first time in Barbados. We'll only be there for a couple of days. We are looking for someone who can just take us for a drive to see the island. Perhaps stop at a few choice places for pictures or a brief stop in Bridgetown. We're not looking to participate in all the various attractions at this point. If we like Barbados, then we will return for a regular vacation at a later date.

Any suggestions?

I highly recommend Cameron Reid. He is a wonderful gentleman who knows Barbados well and can show you anything, as much or as little as you would like to see. His website is scenicbarbados.com, and all his contact info is there.

After doing some research, I emailed him,as he seemed to have something close to what we wanted.I have also heard good things about him.

I asked him if there was any way to do a half day tour minus the beach and lunch. Right now on his site he has two quotes for the same trip. One is $50.00pp then when you click for more info,it's $45.00.

He quoted us $30.00 per hr. stating that it would probably take 3hrs. Unless I'm misunderstanding him,it works out to the same price as his half day tour only now no lunch or beach.

The price seems a little on the high side. I could be wrong. We have done some tours on other islands that were a little to lot more for a full day and somewhat less for a half day.

I don't know what he is charging now - gas is certainly going up! He charged us $30pp (not per hour) last March for about 4-5 hours. There were 5 of us, so if there are only a couple of you, the price may be more.

Where are the prices on his website? Does he have a different one than the one I mentioned in the last post?

Archived