Jazzsea.....Heather....Joe........

sail7seas

We are actually on the other side of Riverbridge...Normandy Isles. The Publix just got power this morning...still no perishables. I filled up my car with gas today. I told my husband that we need to get ALOT of ice this time. The traffic was very heavy earlier today.

My husband works at the Breakers finally got word from mgt that the hotel only suffered some minor damage. He was one of the select few employees who went over to survey and cleanup. He works out on the beach and the Reef Bar. If you've ever been there you would understand how surprised he was that the roof was still in tact. He said there was only very minor damage to the hotel, about 200 rooms had some water damage. Working in the food & service of course he depends on service charges to make any money so we were a bit concerned about being out of work for this long and until the business picks back up and guests return to the hotel. They are paying the employees for the time lost and not just hourly wages, but they are averaging service charges over the last month and will pay that too! That says alot about how much they care about their employees. We were nicely surprised about that.

My sister in east Boca STILL has no power. She is about to lose her mind with 4 kids.

We are concerned because my in-laws live in Tampa. We called them this morning and told them to come here if Ivan goes their way. Poor Jamaica...IVAN GO AWAY!!!!

Taszmom....What happy news that your DH's employer is going to pay their employees. What a fine organization to work for. That sort of loyalty is not soon forgotten and I am sure the employees will go that little extra to do their jobs as well as possible.

Happy to hear your lives are starting to get back to normal.

Best wishes for your sister that she gets her power soon and that your family in Tampa stay safe.

You should try other Publix if you want perishables. There was a lot of meat, etc., at the Publix on Jog and Okee today. Also, I got a lot of good stuff for Ivan at the new Publix on 441 just south of Southern. And this time I'm going to make a couple pots of coffee ahead of time so that we would at least have that:o .

I have friends in Wellington still without power. Luckily her Mom lives in Boynton and has power and her husband is at their house for security purposes. Luckily he's a real camper, so he's holding up well even in this heat.

With all that I have I am praying that Ivan will not come our way. I certainly don't wish him on Tampa or any other place, but I just don't know what will happen to all these poor people here if it hits even before we've begun to recover. It's a terrible terrible time for so many people.

I have a lot more respect for The Breakers after your telling me how they're handling this with their employees. Good for them.

Put me on a ship and push me out to sea;) .

I am so ready to go on our cruise! I'm trying to forget about all this hurricane stuff for a little while and think about that. I'm going to order the wine package and a few exursions today.

We did get some stuff at the new Publix out on 441 yesterday it seems to be the best stocked...I'm heading over there shortly. I am stocking up on some wine & beer too. Ran out and didn't realize it would be so long before they would lift the alcohol ban. I, too, have to have my coffee in the morning...I was lucky enough to be able to boil some water on my gas stove.

We just moved up here in May...we live in east Boyton...The Meadows @ Hypoluxo & Congress.

Archived