Missed Call from Carnival

mariemorgan

I had a call like that the other day. I called them back- it turned out to be a Carnival PVP, not mine, asking if we'd like to take a cruise soon. And we cruise in 3 days!!

I'm like "um... do you happen to have my file on hand? Because our cruise is next week, and by the way, does my ACTUAL pvp know you are calling me?"

So maybe that's who it was?

We received a call from Carnival one day last week, while both my partner and I were at work. They left a number for us to call, but the woman had left for the day by the time we got home. It turned out they had upgraded our cabin (we sail on the Triumph next week), a totally unexpected--but welcome--surprise. So, hopefully, your news will be as good as ours. :)

Hmm.. My sailing is before the fuel surcharge takes place..

My PVP never called back.. Hopefully it wasn't anything important.

That's why you should book with a reputable TA. Save money and get better service. These PVP's only make $50 per booking. Do you think they have time to spend on details?

I know there are some great PVP's who do. There are good and bad whether you deal with a TA or PVP.

Bill

That's why you should book with a reputable TA. Save money and get better service. These PVP's only make $50 per booking. Do you think they have time to spend on details?

I know there are some great PVP's who do. There are good and bad whether you deal with a TA or PVP.

Bill

Yeah I know.. this is the first time I've actually used a PVP or anyone.

All my other cruises I actually just booked online on my own through the cruise line's website.

I called Carnival and they said that the only person who would have called me is my PVP but I'm not sure I believe that lol. :cool:

I had a PVP call me one afternoon, I had spent about 2 hours on their site comparing cruises and wishing. He asked me if I was interested in booking a cruise. I asked him how he knew I was looking..... he said they track the online activity of registered users :) I told him that I already had a PVP and when I was ready to book another cruise I'd be calling my PVP. Then I thanked him for that info and hung up. I don't go cruise shopping signed in anymore :)

It was my PVP reminding me of my final payment due.

Though he says it's due Friday and online says: Final Payment Due By 12/2/2007 (which is sunday)

Not that it matters, it will be paid before then.. but I wonder why they have two different due dates.

It was my PVP reminding me of my final payment due.

Though he says it's due Friday and online says: Final Payment Due By 12/2/2007 (which is sunday)

Not that it matters, it will be paid before then.. but I wonder why they have two different due dates.

Since he doesnt work on Sunday, he probably wants to make sure you call in your payment when he is working.

We received a call from Carnival one day last week, while both my partner and I were at work. They left a number for us to call, but the woman had left for the day by the time we got home. It turned out they had upgraded our cabin (we sail on the Triumph next week), a totally unexpected--but welcome--surprise. So, hopefully, your news will be as good as ours. :)

What was your upgrade. New floor or diferent type of cabin?

Yep... I already made payments through it..

Paying on line when booked through a PVP has never worked for us in the past. So I just tried to pay our final payment for the Miracle cruise and came up with the same error.

5271 : Agency-association-rec record, corresponding to AAR ID given for main agency, was not found.

I know the payment screen on their website is working because I selected AMEX as the credit card but then added extra digits at the beginning of the card number and it came back with an invalid credit card format. The last time I talked to our PVP he said we had to call Carnival to make a payment.

Just an FYI

Archived