Entertainment on Board Dawn and Sun

kazdez

Just curious about the types of evening entertainment that is on board the Pacific Dawn and Sun. Do they do shows, and do they rotate them. Do they have special Guests also.

Karen

The entertainment on our Sun cruise last year was fabulous. The dancers and singers really mingled well with the passengers with daytime activities etc., so you got to know them a lot better. I loved the 'Aussie Flavour' of some of the shows too especially G'day G'day but I know some people are sick of seeing the same shows sometimes. This Dawn cruise entertainment had good guest artists, singing, magic, mime, comedian etc and the usual Singers and Dancers. They also now have a live show band that takes up half the stage. Some people said it was more a 'Princess type show'. I suppose the 'new' shows were ok but I have to admit I was hugely disappointed to not see them perform 'If I were not upon the Sea'. That's a classic that everyone was expecting to see. Anyway, I must be getting old and not liking change but I didn't enjoy the shows as much as I did on the Sun and Star. The best 'performer' was Caron on the Bingo. She is so good with her 'people skills'. She should be made Cruise Director not Assistant Cruise Director.

I suppose the 'new' shows were ok but I have to admit I was hugely disappointed to not see them perform 'If I were not upon the Sea'. That's a classic that everyone was expecting to see.

No 'If I Were Not Upon the Sea' ???? Next you'll be telling me they didn't do G'day G'day either.

.... The best 'performer' was Caron on the Bingo. She is so good with her 'people skills'. She should be made Cruise Director not Assistant Cruise Director.

Funny how different people see different things. I didn't think she was very good at all. That thing she did regarding the colour of the ticket EVERY day was rather annoying after a while.The girl that did the bingo on our Sun cruise last year was a million percent better.

Karen

Was she Kiwi....trying to remember if it was the same girl we had on the Sun a few weeks ago. By that description, it sounds like her.:rolleyes:

She certainly was. Long dark hair, very strong accent. Every day when we were chekcing that we were using the right colour ticket she would say....and what is blue the colour of.....and so on for every game.

Karen

She certainly was. Long dark hair, very strong accent. Every day when we were chekcing that we were using the right colour ticket she would say....and what is blue the colour of.....and so on for every game.

Karen

That's her!!:p I don't think I could have stood more than 3 days of that.....it did start wearing thin after a while.:rolleyes:

That's her!!:p I don't think I could have stood more than 3 days of that.....it did start wearing thin after a while.:rolleyes:

I thought it wore thin after the first day, and we had 7 days of it......and no, it NEVER changed.

Karen

Gee Caron's certainly getting around - she was on Pacific Star in September......

We liked her - admittedly we didn't see her in the bingo, and I have some immunity to the kiwi accent due to prolonged exposure to it. :D

Don't get me wrong, the accent didn't bother me and in fact we all made fun of it. Every time she asked a question that required a yes answer....we would all call out "yis". It was just the monotony of the colour thing that got to me. She seemed nice enough but someone suggested that she should be CD....I just didn't think she had the personality for that.

Karen

Congrats on becoming a 'Blue Ribbon Cruiser' Karen. 3,000 posts gone already!!:eek: Congratulations.;)

Thanks Jarrod. I didn't even realise I was a blue ribbon cruiser. I knew I'd hit 3,000 posts but I thought someone said it was 5000.

Karen

Archived