DAWN question ~~ How early can you board?

ALadyNCal

Plan to arrive around 11-11:30 a.m. to board. If we are onboard fairly quickly, can we go to our cabin? I need to stow my carry on before showing my parents around the ship :)

You can go to your room as soon as you board. Your parents can also go to their room. I'm assuming they are also going on the cruise as visitors are not allowed on the ships.

If all goes well, boarding should start near 12:00pm. each cruise is different and sometimes they don't have everything ready early enough to board much earlier that noon. Princess does not under normal conditions allow boarding unless the ship is ready for pax.

Unlike other cruiselines, your cabin will be ready when you board so that you'll be able to put your carry-on or anything else in the cabin and close/lock the door. Most embarkation starts at Noon but be forewarned: it could be crowded since so many people arrive early, hoping to board early.

• 2 weeks later...

We arrived about 11:10, had no lines, were processed within 15 minutes and sent to some chairs to 'wait for boarding to begin'. That was another 15 minutes and then we were onboard shortly. Easiest embarkation ever :)

Somewhere in the paperwork/faxes I received from Princess that passengers arriving on their own (drove to pier) would be turned away before noon. This was for the Dawn Princess 02/24/2008. Only 1 ship in port that day.

Is this not the case?

-A

Archived