Ready to try RCCL-From Princess??

Murphey

Hello friendly RCCL cruisers!! We are a middle age couple who have 30+ cruises under our (ever expanding) belt. We have been on NCL, HAL, the old Rennesaince, Orient and Princess. We mostly travel Princess now because of the incredible perks they offer us. But, in the whole realm of things, we would like to give RCCL a try. As much as we love Princess, we think we need a new experience, as in....let's see if 2 old sea dogs can learn some new tricks! We have always preferred the traditional cruising experience, but are learning to appreciate what larger ships can offer. We also prefer a nice balcony, provided the "price is right"!!

Comments and advice would be most welcoming! Thank you.

Welcome to RCL!!! I think you will find a great experience. Have you researched any of the cruises you are interested in? There are some great deals to be had with a little research.

On the RCCL website there is a box on the right hand side near the search feature and you can check 55+ if that applies and put in your state, for residency discounts.

Also for more last minute travel here is a list of a lot of cruises. These change each week so bookmark the link

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/promowave/RCL.pdf

Sue

We are RCL Diamond, and have a Princess cruise booked for next November. Looks like we are opposite here. It is good to check out something different. We are doing this Princess cruise with friends we met on Grandeur. They twisted out arms a bit. Anyway, if you are coming to RCL from Princess, and we are going the other way . . . let's all have a GREAT CRUISE!!!

Rick and Deirdra

Welcome to RCL! As Sue mentioned there are some good sales for 55+, e.g. balcony room on the Jan. 11 -21st on the Brilliance doing partial Panama, Aruba, Grand Cayman & Costa Rica.

The Brilliance is part of the Radiance class of ships which are just beautiful - lots of glass including outside elevators and outdoor dining areas.

Kathy:)

Welcome to RCL! As Sue mentioned there are some good sales for 55+, e.g. balcony room on the Jan. 11 -21st on the Brilliance doing partial Panama, Aruba, Grand Cayman & Costa Rica.

The Brilliance is part of the Radiance class of ships which are just beautiful - lots of glass including outside elevators and outdoor dining areas.

Did the 11 day version in March, if you want to see pictures of the ship click on the link in my signature.

Sue, just had a look at your photos -- lovely! Where was that White Church? Did you see that on a tour or on your own -- it intrigued me.

Thank you.

The church was in Portebelo in Panama, we did the Portobelo and locks tour

Thanks for your encouragement and tips.....we are so familiar with the Princess product, but when we went into the RCCL web sight, we were a little overwhelmed. There are so many different "classes" of ships. I guess I just have to dig in and start learning....but isn't that half the fun????

Pumbaamd.....have a wonderful cruise....which ship are you going on??

We are loyal RCCL cruisers and certainly enjoy the perks of being Diamond Plus as we know you are with Princess. That being said, we have been on one Princess cruise (I know, not really enough to judge the entire line) and will probably never go on another. We had a suite and it and the service just did not live up to the experiences we have on RCCL. The ship layout was crazy and I never got a sense of where things were and missed the ease of RCCL layouts. The Radiance class is our favorite ships. Hope you enjoy your RCCL cruise.

Have sailed Princess and RCCL, and have to say the cabins are bigger on RCCL,we sailed in a regular balcony on Princess and couldn't believe how small it was. We decided that should we ever go back, we would have to up to a mini-suite. I'm sure there are many good things on both lines, but think that RCCL has the edge. Good Luck on whatever ship you choose:)

My wife & I just did our first RC cruise after 8 Carnival and 2 Princess cruises (Star Princess being the previous cruise). We were on the Serenade for the Panama Canal transit (14 days). We had a great cruise. I think that Carnival, Princess and RC are all comparable. Somethings one cruise line does better than another but all provide value for the money.

I look at itineraries, prices, ship layout & size and decide which cruise line gets my next booking. We will do Carnival in Jan and Holland America in May (got a great price for B2B Alaskan cruise), then Carnival in Jan 2009. I am watching RC's offerings and see if there is anything that I want to take.

Murphey,

If you go back to the Princess roll call thread for our/your cruise on Emerald, Cruise Lady and DH were with us on the Grandeur repo. They booked Emerald before we did and twisted our arm a bit to sail with them again. Looks like a great ten day itin! And, welcome to the RCCL community!

Rick and Deirdra

I have been on both cruise lines. As others have said they are comparable. Service in my opinion, is better on RCI. The Radiance class is just beautiful. so much glass. This would probably be the best class to start with as they are not as big as the voyager or liberty. Whatever you decide, have a great cruise.

Having cruised on both Princess and RCCL, I think you will enjoy RCCL. I think that RCCL ships have more of a WOW factor and the dining rooms are definitely more beautiful. If you are a fan of free choice dining you may be disappointed but personally I prefer the traditional dining. I think the cabins are nicer and larger on RCCL. I also prefer the entertainment on Royal Caribbean.

Enjoy your cruise!

I have cruised both with Princess and Royal, and enjoyed both of them! I haven't been on the "Big" Royal ships yet, but have the Liberty of the Seas booked for September. Looking forward to going back to RC!!:D Can't wait to "Get Out There". I have been to all the Caribbean Islands, so I'm going mostly for the Ship this time, although I do love Grand Cayman and Cozumel! Oh, wait, I haven't been to Labadee, but have been to the other RC private Island and enjoyed.

I really enjoyed the food on the Princess Line, but I'm sure RC will compare, if not surpass the food Princess offers. Can't wait to cruise with RC again!:)

Ditto for the Radiance class. We were on Brilliance twice, and have Jewel in January. The adults only solarium pool and also the Seaview Cafe help to make it our favorite class of ship.

Rick and Deirdra

I have to agree....I loved the Jewel. The solarium area is so beautiful and the retractable roof is great. Yes I also agree with the seaview cafe but how about those crepes in the solarium??? The CL lounge has a beautiful view. We enjoyed the promenade on the larger ships and of course the flowrider but my number one vote still goes to the Jewel.

Had a wonderful time on Princess as well....heck you're on vacation!

Archived