bugs?

cruisendude2001

I, too, am a bug magnet, so you have my sympathy!

It depends on where you go as to whether you'll encounter bugs (mostly mosquitoes). If you're in town, you don't have to worry about seeing any.

If you go to most beaches on St John, you'll definitely need the spray. For most popular beaches on St Thomas, you should be OK (don't know why they're not prevalent on STT like STJ - maybe because there's more vegetation on STJ???).

When we stopped in St Thomas on our Empress cruise, we did a St John island tour and were eaten up by mosquitos!

Is there any problem in the VI with Dengue Fever? I've read that it was pretty bad in San Juan (some DEET repellent is on my packing list).

I, too, am a bug magnet, so you have my sympathy!

It depends on where you go as to whether you'll encounter bugs (mostly mosquitoes). If you're in town, you don't have to worry about seeing any.

If you go to most beaches on St John, you'll definitely need the spray. For most popular beaches on St Thomas, you should be OK (don't know why they're not prevalent on STT like STJ - maybe because there's more vegetation on STJ???).

When I was in St. Thomas I was only in town shopping -- that's all we did and I got a few bites -- one on my arm, one on my chest and two on my legs --- although I never saw any bugs I wonder if I got them in the open air taxi.

One of my table mates said she got 8 in a row up her leg -- not sure if that fits a mosquito pattern or something else crawling up her leg.

Bring some spray if you are sensitive and also some anti itch meds --

St. Thomas is fun -- we enjoyed it a lot.

Archived