Boarding time for Mediterranea March 15??

mringenoldus

Does anyone know what time the actual boarding typically starts in Fort Lauderdale?

I have booked a flight that arrives at 5:30AM and need to know how much time we will have to kill before we can board.

Has anyone run into this problem and found a good solution? The hotels are rather pricey and I can't find a day rate (except for one place that won't be able to let me know until after we arrive if they have a vacancy)

Maureen

well we are going on the fortuna in 19 days and on our ticket it says boarding time at 1:30 pm and the ship is to set sail at 5pm. hope that helps. if you plan to go to a mall sometimes the service desk will hold your luggage for you while u enjoy the mall &/or restaurants in the mall.

Last April (Transatlantic) boarding started at 11:00 am.

The actual boarding time will be shown on your tickets, or given Costa a ring?

If you are booked in a suite or are Costa Club Pearl membership there is useually preferencial biarding times.

Time you actually get off the plane and collect your baggage it will probably be 06:00- 06:30, have a looooooooooong breakfast with a glass of champagn in the airport (more amenities). Time will fly (sorry about the pun) by.

Ron

I called Costa who said boarding would be around noon. We do have a suite so maybe that will help shave of a few minutes of wait time.

I received an email today from Orbitz on a 50% discount for the Priority Pass which allows usage of hundreds of airline clubs around the world/ Only $49 annual dues to join - but $27 to use. I decided for $49 I would give it a try. You never know when you might get stuck in an airport and the lounge may look like a good deal for $27! Worst case scenario - we'll use it to relax in Ft. Lauderdale.

We usually arrive at the port early (10:00 - 10:30 AM) and the get rid of all the luggage first. When you come to the terminal there will be large wire buckets (for the forklift) and port staff will assist you with your luggage. You may want to remove all the airline stickers and destination bands prior to the port. Make sure that your Costa Luggage ID's are attached to it (those are the bands you'll in the back of your tickets/documents).

Once that is done you'll proceed to the security screening (there is no designated line for suite passengers here, as everybody has to go through it). Once past security you WILL find a designated line for Suite passengers which will have a separate counter. After that it's off to the welcome picture and you're on board!

I'd suggest to get a nice breakfast (although you'll have your welcoming buffet coming up) and then proceed to the port. If you get there early, the traffic is not as bad as later in the day, when everybody is trying to hassle to their ship.

Keep in mind that the Fort Lauderdale port is home to many cruise lines. As security is strict, you need your photo ID/passport when entering the port itself and there may be some waiting lines later in the day. If you arrive in the morning.. not a problem!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tierney!

Good to hear from someone else on the cruise! Have you found a roll call for 3-15 yet?

My friends and I are teachers in Arizona. We travel together about once a year. I'm pretty familiar with San Juan and St. Thomas but haven't been to the Dominican republic or the Turks before.

Archived