Carib Cafe - Seafood!

Loves Cruisin

I've heard about the Sat. night Carib Cafe Seafood buffet on CP. Is it worth forgoing our PC dining room for this? We love seafood!

Yes it is worth it!!! All the lobster tails, king crab legs & shrimp you can eat.

Just pile up your plate, I certainly did.

Minette

If you are a seafood lover, the Caribbean Princess is definitely for you.

The first night onboard there was a seafood buffet at both the Horizon Court and Caribe Cafe, this was a cold seafood buffet.

Then there were two other nights we enjoyed a seafood buffet at the Caribe Cafe. Lobster, crab legs, boiled shrimp, fried shrimp, it was all there.

Watch your Princess Patter as they will post it in there what type of food will be offered that evening. Really yummmmmy!

I, too, love seafood. I'm confused, though. It sounds like the first Saturday night is seafood, but have not heard of eating cold lobster tails. I had read at one time where the first night was a cold buffet, but don't get that from the other post here. Anybody know for sure? I can't imagine missing the dining room, but for that kind of seafood, I think I'll have to reconsider.

I still have my Patter's somewhere from two weeks ago. I can look it up if you would like? I know DH was raving as it was the most seafood he had ever seen offered on a Cruise Ship and was so glad we choose PC dining. To say he finally got his 'fill' of seafood is something I never thought I would be able to say, but he did.

Yes, they had cold lobster tails on the cold buffet but the others were all hot buffets.

Here is a list of what is in the Princess Patters for the Caribe Cafe for the week we went in August.

Sunday-Welcome Dinner Buffet featuring Seafood Extravaganza. (this was all cold seafood)

Monday-Guyana Pepperpots and Curries. (spicey seafood is what I remember here)

Tuesday-Rkjstafel "Rice Table" Buffet (lots of different shrimp on that one)

Wednesday-"Down Island Hunters Spread" (I think there were also lobster tails on this one if memory serves me correctly including fried jumbo shrimp)

Thursday-Seafood Extravaganza (anything and everything in the way of seafood)

Friday-Creole Cookery (another evening of seafood scattered among the creole dishes.)

Trying to remember which nights featured the most seafood as there was some type of seafood almost every night and we were so pleased. I think there was also seafood offered in the Monday and Tuesday and possibly even Wednesday's buffets in the evening and I do remember quite a bit the last night on Friday.

Safe to say that if you are only going for the seafood then choose the nights of the extravganza's but if you have PC dining, there will always be some sort of seafood at the buffet for your enjoyment.

Holy smokes!! My reservations for Sterlings will probably be for Wednesday night. Where is Steve when I need him?? Do I eat the fried shrimp BEFORE I go to Sterling or after :p ?? I'm going to be in seafood heaven on this cruise!

TinaLee

Pam, YES there is a lot of other things offered also. They did have the best Beef Tenderloin I have ever had on one evening on the same night as one of hte many seafood buffets. Beef Wellington one evening, Prime Rib on a couple of evenings, always something very yummy but not seafood related. Many items for your daughter to choose from that are not in the seafood category.

The 'Rice Table Buffet' was spicey, but not so much that it was not enjoyable. Of coarse there were a few items that DH loved as he likes really spicey where I am the other way. A little spicey goes a long way with my tastes. We were both happy with what we found that evening.

Guest THE EDS

Does anyone know if the seafood extravagance buffet is served on the Coral Princess, I am doing the partial transit 12/10 and would love to know it sounds absolutely heavenly

The Eds

On the first formal night, we ate early at anytime dining in the Coral Room. At 10:30, I sneaked up to the Cafe Caribe for Caribbean Lobster! Yes, I'm a seafood lover and managed to have lobster 3 nights on the Caribbean Princess.

Cafe Caribe was a treasure starting with the Saturday night buffet.

That's exactly what we did. It was quite a spread and no need to get changed for dinner.

I would have never thought that I would ever say I was sick of eating shrimp but by the end of the week I had enough. They have mounds of them just about every day. Nice size ones too and already peele :p d.

Bill

Archived