Precruise hotel for my parents and their friends - 1 night Vancouver

My parents and many of their friends are cruising out of Vancouver in June (Celebrity Mercury). They are looking for a pre-cruise hotel and don't want to spend more than $150-$200/night for each room. These people range in age from 60-80. Some can walk well, and others can't. They are not internet savvy, so it's my job to find them a hotel for one night.

Some of them will want to explore all the Vancouver has to offer. Others will just hang out at the hotel until it's time to go to the ship. Can you recommend a hotel that would be convenient for this group? Perhaps one with shuttle service to the pier? My dad read about the Pan Pacific Hotel's luggage service where they deliver your luggage to the ship. He is so excited about that, but I think that hotel is out of his budget.

Thanks for your help.

keep checking travelzoo.com i got a room at the Pan Pacific for about 175 Canadian (was 150-160 US but now the exchange rate is pretty much even!) the regular rate on the hotel website was over 300 bucks! this wound up being less than hampton inn and a few others...and it showed up maybe 1 month before the cruise....i had made a few other reservations, and we had my cousin trying on priceline for us.

this was not a prepaid uncancellable reservation like priceline. the room we wound up with was VERY big with a bit of a water view...if you click on the link in my signature you can see pix in the album from Serenade to Alaska....

Otherwise, it may be hard to find something in that range....i would start looking now, and keep looking until right before they leave...rates change often....

also, you may want to check the west coast departures board as well! good luck!

Archived