Asked on destination board but....

okbookgirl

it doesn't seem to get the traffic that the other threads do.

Is there a gift shop at the dzibilchataun museum or at the site itself? Trying to plan ahead for a souvineer for a friend into this kind of art. Was hoping that they had replicas of the dolls from the temple.

I'm far from being an expert on the different cities but since no one has answered I searched for your question on the internet. From what I read I don't think there is a shop at the ruins but possibly one in the town. Here's a cut and paste from one site that offers the tours. I hope this helps you some.

This tour has two options; you can opt for a private tour or a coach tour. In the morning, you will be picked up from your hotel in Merida. Accompanied by an English-speaking driver / guide, you will be taken to Dzibilchatun, a Mayan city located north of Merida. Visit the museum, a typical Mayan house, the Ecological Road, Pyramids and the principle temple, called the Seven Dolls Temple. Its small but fascinating museum on site exhibits the seven dolls that were found inside the temple.

Further on, proceed to Xlacah cenote (sinkhole), a perfect place for a refreshing swim. The cenote is home to veleta fish, and its lush natural vegetation is highlighted by the vestiges of the ancient civilization.

Proceed to the Progreso Port, a sleepy fishing village that has some great beaches. Progreso boasts of one of the world’s longest piers. There are a number of tourist shops in the cruise terminal selling a range of impressive souvenirs. Enjoy views of the Golfo de Mexico Sea.

Thanks for the info. The destination board paid off and a cruiser was there last week and actually had pictures of the shopping area :D (my kind of vacation, where are the shops?) It seems to be a little area right in the are that you begin the tour of the site. Again thanks for looking for me.

Archived