Ok, what do I do to make this work?

bubbles1209

We are supposed to be flying to Miami June 21st, 2008, departing here at 9am and landing in Atlanta at 10:06am, with a connecting flight that leaves Atlanta for Miami at 10:55 am. Problem is, they've done a schedule change on the first flight and now it leaves here:eek: at 10:55am (the time we're supposed to be on the connecting flight) and doesn't arrive in Atlanta until 12:01 pm. They did the schedule change to the first original flight making it impossible to catch the connecting flight. There's no way we can make a connection that leaves Atlanta, while we're leaving home to get to Atlanta.:eek: Ok, what do I do to make this work?

We are supposed to be flying to Miami June 21st, 2008, departing here at 9am and landing in Atlanta at 10:06am, with a connecting flight that leaves Atlanta for Miami at 10:55 am. Problem is, they've done a schedule change on the first flight and now it leaves here:eek: at 10:55am (the time we're supposed to be on the connecting flight) and doesn't arrive in Atlanta until 12:01 pm. They did the schedule change to the first original flight making it impossible to catch the connecting flight. There's no way we can make a connection that leaves Atlanta, while we're leaving home to get to Atlanta.:eek: Ok, what do I do to make this work?

...........sounds like you have to change one of the flights.........were they linked............and if they were the airline should be willing to change one of the flights.

...........sounds like you have to change one of the flights.........were they linked............and if they were the airline should be willing to change one of the flights.

Yes, they were linked. The original booking was flight #1 departing at 9am landing in Atlanta at 10:06 am connecting to flight #2 departing at 10:55am landing in Miami at 12:41pm. We booked round-trip, paid for it 11/9/07. The other problem is, last night my SO booked his daughter & her family of 4 on the connecting flight with seats right beside us (the one that leaves at 10:55) We booked them on that flight with us because it's their 1st cruise, and they'll have no clue where to go or what to do. I know we can let them know where to meet up and all, but I hate that we booked this and can't be together afterall. This will be the 1st time they've (my SO & his daughter) seen each other in 10+ years. Argggggggggggggg, I'm soooooooo frustrated. Back to the original question though, yes, that flight was linked to the original flight to begin with.

I agree and if they changed the first flight I can't understand why they didn't change the second:confused:

Bill

:confused: beats me, but I'm stressing, I mean surely they can look at that and know it's not possible to do.:confused:

They changed my flights for this summers cruise to times that were awful and changed them from non stop to connecting flights. I called them and they changed them to whatever flights I wanted with no extra charges. This was on AirTran. Call them now as the previous poster suggested. They are usually there 24/7.

Bill

They changed my flights for this summers cruise to times that were awful and changed them from non stop to connecting flights. I called them and they changed them to whatever flights I wanted with no extra charges. This was on AirTran. Call them now as the previous poster suggested. They are usually there 24/7.

Bill

Will call them tomorrow morning, after having the chance to talk to SO about it. He's really gonna be upset after all the research we went through to get us all together on the same connecting flight. The flight they have us on now doesn't arrive in Miami until 3:17 (I researched it as if I were booking again) ......:eek: and the ship sails at 4:eek: We'll definitely call them tomorrow, that just will not work.

Will call them tomorrow morning, after having the chance to talk to SO about it. He's really gonna be upset after all the research we went through to get us all together on the same connecting flight. The flight they have us on now doesn't arrive in Miami until 3:17 (I researched it as if I were booking again) ......:eek: and the ship sails at 4:eek: We'll definitely call them tomorrow, that just will not work.

Good Luck. Let us know how you make out. :)

Bill

On my last cruise they changed the departing time of my flight. I would have gotten to Florida at 10:30 PM (I was flying in a day ahead) I called and explained I need to be in Florida by 6PM (original flight had me there at 4 PM) They made the necessary arrangements and got me on an earlier flight out of Phila. Explain your situation, maybe they can help. Let us know.

The folks over on the Cruise Air board usually give excellent advise.

I've always used cruise air until this year when I started reading SO many horror stories about late/cancelled flights.

So I booked the cruise air, did my research, and when I found direct flights at a good price, I booked those and cancelled the cruise air. The difference in price was enough to also pay for the hotel room in FLL and leave me about $80 extra!

So, even if they change the flight times on me, I'll still be OK!

Good luck!

Oh the joys of flying. When we flew to New York for our Sept cruise, they changed the first leg of our flight ....leaving us only 21 minutes between flights to make the connection. yea right...like that is going to happen

We called Delta and they re-routed us completely but got us there when we needed to be.

We also ALWAYS fly (or drive) in a day ahead. I know that is not feasible for everyone...but if you can...you should!

Check and see if they have another flight going out in the morning.. That's what I did when they changed my flight to the next day.. they changed it after some fussing at them :) they even changed me from Northwest to Delta which was kinda weird then back on northwest when I got to my connecting city.

Check and see if they have another flight going out in the morning.. That's what I did when they changed my flight to the next day.. they changed it after some fussing at them :) they even changed me from Northwest to Delta which was kinda weird then back on northwest when I got to my connecting city.

You can book certain Delta flights through Northwest's website, as well as Continental flights. It's some kind of sharing agreement.

To the OP, before you call Delta look to see what other flights will work for you. Then call them and advise them of your situation. They should change you at no charge since this is their schedule change. If all else fails, you can demand a full refund from Delta and rebook on another carrier (I know not the best option since you have family on the connecting flight, but if that is what it takes to get you to the cruise...).

So we called Delta this morning, and they offered to put us on a flight leaving from Columbia, SC to Atlanta to make the connecting flight at 10:55 with the family, my SO told them he would get back to them tonight. During the day, my SO said that if they switched it, we would have to rent a car and drive 1 and 1/2 hours to Columbia. Another unexpected added expense of $130.00. I had the idea of spending the night before the flight with some family members of mine right outside of Columbia, and just going to the airport and turning the car in the next morning. He was not at all happy with the idea of having to rent a car when he booked the flights for the convenience of flying from home. He also made another valid point, that if we were going to drive from here to Columbia, we may as well drive from here to Atlanta, only another 40-45 minutes difference. I called when I got in from work tonight, and the lady told us they could switch it to the Columbia, SC flight leaving at 7:48am at no extra charge. When I tried to ask questions, she was short & rude with me, and went ahead and changed our flights to departing out of Columbia to meet the connecting flight with family at 10:55 am out of Atlanta to Miami. My SO wasn't happy, because now once we got home on our return flight, we had no transportation from our local airport home. He called Delta back, got a different person of course, and went through everything with her. We had already looked up what it would cost round-trip from Atlanta to Miami on the internet before we called again. It was $330pp(with taxes). She tried to tell him that she could change the flight to be that, but we would only be credited $5.00 per person because the fares had gone up. We originally paid with taxes $584pp round-trip. So that's a difference of $254pp. She said she could change it to where it was Atlanta to Miami round-trip for a credit of $5.00per person, and that she couldn't refund us the difference (the $254pp) between what the internet was showing because they couldn't override the price on their computer on a non-refundable ticket since the fares had gone up. He told her that was of no use to him, she put him on hold to go talk to a supervisor. When she came back, she offered to refund all of his money, and for him to re-book himself on the internet for the fares we saw on-line, since she couldn't do it. He took her up on it. It will take 7 business days to get the credit back to the card we charged on, but they are refunding us the $584 pp we paid to begin with, and it was a non-refundable ticket. Tonight, we re-booked round-trip out of Atlanta on the flight his family will be on. We will drive to Atlanta early that morning, and we leave Atlanta at 10:55am with family landing in Miami at 12:40 as originally planned. We were even able to snap up the same seats we had to begin with. So we will all be sitting together on the flight from Atlanta. All has worked out well, we got our full fares refunded, and rebooked much cheaper. I would like to thank everyone for their help.:) We do not like to drive to Atlanta, but will suffer through it this trip so he can be with his family like he wants.:)

Thanks, :) whew, me too. I was afraid he was gonna lose it on the phone and not get any money back, afterall they really aren't obligated to refund anything on a non-refundable ticket. When he told her to hold on, and looked at me and said, now she says she can give us a full refund on the whole trip if we cancel it, and says we can re-book on-line what we see on-line, I said I have no problem with that. He gave her the same answer. I was relieved. Now we can take the difference in the fares and enjoy our vacation a little more;) :p . Glad that's over, maybe I'll sleep better tonight, didn't rest at all over it last night. Hopefully, nothing else will change between now & then on our end or his family's end. Keep your fingers crossed, I know we are.

I totally understand your what you are going through. First of all there will be a price change for you with the airlines because I take it that you are booked. My first questions is do you have Insurance? If you do then cancel the airfare & start all over.

You can go on Kayak.com check out all of the locations that you need to come in at. With a piece of paper you can find how all of you will connect. Another scenerio is one group can come into the destination airport & wait for the other. This all can be done by just recording what kayak has to offer. Kayak will show you ALL airlines and prices.

We have been in this situation with a couple hours in front of the computer it can be worked out. Instead of being on the same plane. Being & waiting at the same airport can be just as fun. I realize that you have to get your luggage. So you can wait at the luggage area also..Do not panic..Sometimes calling the airlines is not the best solution. If you have the travel insurance cancel the airlines & start all over...Just a thought. If you don't do some research before calling the airlines. In todays economy everyone wants to make extra money..

Archived