Thank you Bequia! Wonderful hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

luckyjtiger

Bequia,

Thanks for the hotel information for Fort Lauderdale. :)

We stayed at the LaQuinta Inn & Suites. The rooms were clean with plenty of room. There is a shopping area right next to the hotel with some wonderful restaurants and shops to pick up last minute items. Very safe and secure location.

I worked with Ingrid their assistant manager and was able to book 8 rooms for our family group for Sunday, November 18th. She was wonderful! :) She followed up with email reservation confirmations and phone calls to make sure everything was just the way we wanted it. We arrived at the hotel around 6:30 pm they had all of our rooms ready and had placed us on the same floor together. They provided one handicap room as requested, continental breakfast, free parking for our 7 night cruise, and free shuttle service to the port.

She arranged for our family to have our own shuttle which arrived at the hotel at 10:45 am and we were off to the port by 11:15 am. The shuttle driver was excellent and for a small fee returned yesterday, 11/26/07 to pick up our 5 drivers and delivered them back to the hotel to pick up the vehicles. We could not of asked for better service.

We will definitely stay at this location again. Once again, "THANK YOU!":D

Jamie

Isn't Bequia's info wonderful and helpful!

We stay at the LaQuinta in Hollywood, too. There is a Red Lobster in the shopping center that is close by. Also a Sweet Tomatoes, Ale House, and Dave and Buster's. Probably others as well, but I don't recall which they are.

On our last stay at LQ, I forgot 2 injections that were in the room fridge. These meds were mandatory for me during the cruise and could not easily be replaced, not to mention had a refill value of about $700. Luckily I remembered them shortly after getting to our cabin on the Coral, and called Sabaya at LQ front desk. I asked her to send the meds over in a taxi and I would meet it and pay the fare, but the shuttle driver, Karen, brought them to me. I was so relieved I forgot to tip her, so when the cruise was over went inside to give the two ladies a reward - both said it wasn't necessary but I insisted. They were very gracious and wonderful to go the extra mile for me!

That is why I take every opportunity to recommend the LQ Hollywood on this board.

Good to hear such good things about this hotel.

Two weeks from now, I'll be sitting in the airport waiting to board my flight to FLL, then head to LaQuinta!

Question...

is there anywhere in that immediate neighborhood to purchase wine to carry on the ship? I hate to use valuable suitcase space for wine bottles if I can walk somewhere Monday a.m. and pick up a couple to stuff into our carryons.

How far is LaQuinta Inn from FLL? Our flight doesn't get in until 11:30 p.m. Do they have an airport shuttle or just a shuttle to the port? Thanks for your help! Speaking of wine do the cruise lines charge you a corkage fee just to bring it on the ship or only if you have it at dinner? Sorry to change the subject but I had to ask. Thanks!

The Liquor Store in Oakwood Plaza near La Quinta Hollywood is in the far right corner of the shopping center - I made sure to take notice last time we were there. You do have to go to a liquor store to buy rum, vodka, etc., but many grocery stores sell wines.

LQ does have shuttle to and from the airport, and to the port - not sure if they have a cut-off time when they don't pick up or not. They start trips to the port at 11 AM. It is probably 5-6 miles (I'm bad at judging distance) from the port to the hotel, and the airport is close to the port. On the return from a cruise, we've found the taxi to cost about $25 + tip from Pier 18. Princess usually uses Pier 2, except when 2 Princess ships are in port. I would imagine it would cost similar from the airport.

There is a corkage fee ($10) if you take the bottle to the dining room. If you want to enjoy it in your cabin, the room steward can get a wine bottle opener usually and wine glasses for you and there is no fee involved with this. Of course, it's nice to tip a little extra for the service.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived