Help with RT from So. Cal. to Panama Canal

ketelhut

I'm looking for all cruise lines that do round trips between any port in Southern California (L.A., Long Beach, San Diego, even San Francisco) thru the Panama Canal. I'm looking for '08 and would prefer Feb. but will look at all options.

I know Princess has a RT in April. Anyone know why they're not posting prices on their website?

TIA for your help.

As far as I know there are no cruise ships that do a return trip from socal to the panama canal, with the possible exception of HAL once a year Most cruise lines out of socal do only one week or 8 days and go as far south as PV on one week and Acapulco on 8 or more days. There just does not seem to be that market; if there is, there doesnt seem to be much demand for it To do a meaningful Panama canal cruise from here would be almost 3 weeks round trip because of stops south of Acapulco like in Costa Rica and then going in to and coming back out of the canal and then stops on the way back. Sorry,maybe someone else knows better than I do:)

The only reasonable way to do this is to do a back-to-back (BTB) cruise.

You can sail from San Diego or LA (or San Francisco I believe) one way through the Canal to a port in Florida or PR, then stay on the ship and go back to your point of origin.

It is pretty easy to book a cruise like this and most ships leave you in your cabin during disembarkation mid-trip. Of course you are likely to see the same ports coming and going, but if that is not an issue, that is the easiest way to arrange a round trip. A round trip like this will last 20-30 or more days total.

Archived