Best Carribean cruise for mid teens

Miss Jolly

We'll be sailing on the Explorer in April with our 16 y/o son...it seems like the family board is more for the families with younger children.

I hope to report back to the boards (the incredible, the good, the bad and the ugly) upon our return :).

Our younger two will be ages 11.5 and 10....

Take a look at RCCL's Freedom class (Freedom of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas). Tons of things for teens to do and enjoy but also tons of things for adults to enjoy as well.

I second this!

Even tho we've never cruised on RCCL, I've done enough research to realize that it's the best line for teens!

Yes, I agree that Royal has the most things that would appeal to teens. In fact, a couple I met on Radiance of the Seas were really sorry they had not brought their teenage kids because they saw so many on board. Of course this was Easter and it was kid central.

Thanks everyone but they offer such short cruises. We are coming all the way from Australia so would prefer at least 14 days cruising so any more ideas please? Thank you for your input.

Jennie

I see your point. But just so you know, traditionally the longer cruises (14 days) will have fewer teens onboard.

Maybe you could do a back 2 back? Since you are from Australia you could either do 2 weeks on the same ship. You could do 1 week on 2 different ships. Or you could do 1 week land/1 week sea vacation? Just a thought.

The longest I could find for the Carribean was a 9 night Explorer of the Seas out of New Jersey and it combined Carribean with Bermuda

Ship Name: Explorer Of The Seas

Departure Port: Cape Liberty Cruise Port, New Jersey

Ports of Call: Cape Liberty Cruise Port, New Jersey; Kings Wharf, Bermuda; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Cape Liberty Cruise Port, New Jersey

If you are coming all the way from Austrailia- have you considered the Celebrity Millenium, which is going to be doing the Australian cruises? I love this ship- it is one of my all time favorites and this would give you a taste of cruising without the long exhausting trip.

The Celebrity Mercury is also doing the Austraila- New Zealand cruises starting in January and March of 2008.

These are 14 and 15 night cruises.

To get 14 nights, why not do a back to back? Combine a 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruises with a 7 night Western Caribbean cruise. That way you'd get the ship with the amenities your teens would love and a longer cruise to make up for the time it takes to get there.

You will find few kids, especially teenagers on longer cruises.

Archived