Bad Passenger Habits

This is a wonderful idea. I'm usually so dumbfounded, when witnessing gross behavior, I'm speechless.

I will speak up!

In everyday life I will do this, on a cruise I'm working so hard to have a good time, I would just alert a crew member. But your way might cause corrective behavior.

This is a gread thread, I'm replying to so many great posts, sorry if all my posts are now consecutive.

What is up with these people who wear their "crocks" into the pools and hot tub????????

:(

We do that in our own hot tub, but that is only when there is snow and ice on the ground. This is one of those little things most people probably can't conceive, and if they could, they would probably just retort about people peeing in the pools.

People walking and not looking where they are going. Both ways!!

You better stay out of the straw market in Nassau! :eek: I see this everywhere as well. I've been known to say, "Excuse me, I didn't mean to stand where you were walking."

Remember folks

all these "horrors" are in the windjammer where we and many others can see them-----just think of the kitchen where we can't see a thing and your server had 5 tables stiff him on the last cruise and your having your first dinner afetr turn around

just a thought--lol

PAul

I don't understand the crocs in hot tub?

I can understand at home but, on a ship??

I don't see why people would do it? If you walked with barefeet you would know if you stepped into something like mashed potatoes how would you know what disgusting things are on the bottom of your crocs when you hop in the pool or hot tub?:confused:

Remember folks

all these "horrors" are in the windjammer where we and many others can see them-----just think of the kitchen where we can't see a thing and your server had 5 tables stiff him on the last cruise and your having your first dinner afetr turn around

just a thought--lol

PAul

A very good point, my wife in the 90's was a Maitre d, it is very interesting to see how they dealt with rude cheapskates, it is called "the treatment".

One of the thing's that makes her laugh the most about some of the threads that blame the wait staff for slow service, is the stupidity of these people that post.

All the wait staff want to do is finnish service as fast as possible so they can set up for breakfast and after 12 hrs working go to bed.

It is in the main the kitchens fault, but these idiots still blame them.

We tip at the start, are never late, say please and thank you, and treat these hard working people with respect.

We like our food to be safe! regards

There are two guys in the bathroom using a urinal. One guy finishes and leaves without washing his hands. The other guy rushes up to him and says "at Princeton they teach us to wash our hands after using the bathroom." The other guy then replies "Well, at the University of Montana they teach us not to piss all over our hands."

Raised in places just like you. Can't you find something worth while to complain about.

Something worth while like what?????? We had a fabulous cruise. The Jewel ran out of all sorts of basics since it was the last cruise before drydock. Not a problem, we can do without when necessary. The service was great, the Windjammer on this cruise was really pushing with the selections, not a problem. I could have complained about that but I just don't consider this a problem. My problem still is with passengers having really bad manners in the buffet line. So there.

Thank you all for contributing to this thread. Personally, I feel that it is just polite to have manners. After reading all of the posts, it just brings back memories of bad behavior I've seen. My worst...My husband watched the lady every morning putting books and pillows on the tables and chairs by the pool bar. He told me that the lady never comes back until at least noon. I sat down in one of those chairs around 11. I was really put in my place and even worse, I was pointed out every time I showed up at the pool bar. That was a great cruise expierience.

A

At least they were using tongs. I've seen too many to count that use their bare hands to pick up cookies, cake and sandwiches. EEWWWW!

I regularly do this. Please germophobes tell me why this bothers you so. The way I see it using your hand to pick up finger food is safer than the tongs.

My way:

1. tray of cookies brought out by staff

2. folks grab cookies using their hands doing their best to touch only the cookies they are taking.

3. I grab my cookie which has had a glancing momentary touch by a couple of people and enjoy.

Your way:

2. folks grab cookies using tongs

3. you use tongs that have been held by 40 to 50 to get your cookie. (transferring germs of 40 -50 people to your hands)

4. you use your hand to eat the cookie - transferring the 40-50 peoples germs to the tasty morsel.

It seems to me that the transference of germs would be far less by the incidental touching of an adjacent cookie than by the use of tongs. This only holds true for foods that you would eat by hand, if using utensils then your own hand wouldn't contaminate the food prior to consumption.

Also how many do you see filling water bottles from the wter fountains many many people. Thye do not realise that they have had their mouths round the neck of the bottle so all their germs go on the water fountain.

I don't get this:confused: When you drink from the water fountain the water that you don't swallow goes on the water fountain. If they are touching the mouth of the bottle to the spout, wouldn't the bottle be upside down...if the mouth of the bottle is touching the part of the facet that shields the water from going straight up...wouldn't running the water for a short time before you drink alleviate that problem...I just don't get your point.

I regularly do this. Please germophobes tell me why this bothers you so. The way I see it using your hand to pick up finger food is safer than the tongs.

My way:

2. folks grab cookies using their hands doing their best to touch only the cookies they are taking.

3. I grab my cookie which has had a glancing momentary touch by a couple of people and enjoy.

Your way:

2. folks grab cookies using tongs

3. you use tongs that have been held by 40 to 50 to get your cookie. (transferring germs of 40 -50 people to your hands)

4. you use your hand to eat the cookie - transferring the 40-50 peoples germs to the tasty morsel.

It seems to me that the transference of germs would be far less by the incidental touching of an adjacent cookie than by the use of tongs. This only holds true for foods that you would eat by hand, if using utensils then your own hand wouldn't contaminate the food prior to consumption.

My way...use thongs, use sanitizer or wash your hands before you eat cookie...once the germs are on the food, there is no solution.

Use THONGS now that is disgusting:D
now that is funny as our meaning for thongs is a string like bikini bottom, in the US I think it also means flip flop sandles.

I wonder what the good cleric had on his mind, when he made the freudian slip.

I am trying to purge the visions that are flooding through my mind aghhhhhh regards

My way...use thongs, use sanitizer or wash your hands before you eat cookie...once the germs are on the food, there is no solution.

I wash my hands before using the buffet however, I always take along those individual wet ones and open it and use it when I sit down.

I even do it in the dining room and restaurants--remember you probably have shaken hands with people, touched your chair, a door, railings and menu.

I don't even think twice about it.

Archived