Why I like to cruise Cunard!

fenreed

Bidie-in - ye ken fine.

Noo dinnae be stupit. Yeve already got intae boather wi Maw 'n' Paw this week. Yeve hud yer Maw in tears an yer Paw's hud tae gie ye a guid skelp.

Noo ye think ye kin deny yer Bidie-in.

Watch oot. She's ahint ye.

David

How much do I have to drink to be able to talk like this? At current levels I can understand it.

How much do I have to drink to be able to talk like this? At current levels I can understand it.

Ye dinnae hae tae drink ower much, hen. Jist get a hauf bottle o' Grouse an' a dozen cans o' McEwans doon the neck every nicht fur the next 10 years and ye'll be beltin' it oot like a native.

Jimmy

[

I agree. However, it is common to find firkins in the bars.

And our European cousins of a certain age will be familiar with Fokkers.

Now, I'm totally lost :( I understand none of these 2 words ''firkins'' and ''Fokkers'' (I hope you will excuse my ignorance, I am a French Canadian who does her best to understand and write a little of English but on this one, even my English-French dictionary won't help me).

I hear you laughing :D

JP2001 -

As for the f word don't worry, I'm sure it will be perfectly fine for you to say it on the cruise. It is only the old people that think women shouldn't swear.

LOL, you thought I made my comment about the ''F'' word and ''Both sexes'' because I want to have the right to use it? That was not the point, I just wanted to say that it should be inapropriate for BOTH sexes to use it ;)

I'm not saying that I have never used it either because here in Quebec, Canada, it's a very commonly used term and most people don't even know what it means (French speaking, you know), they just use it as someone would use ''s h i t, I forgot my 2nd suitcase at home'' when they are ready to board. I do try not to swear too much (sorry, I've been in the army where people did swear all the time and unfortunately I did swear too but I try not to swear anymore).

Hey jp2001,

why wouldn't you be welcome. Happyscot's never set foot on a Cunard ship either and he's welcome.

Well.... he's sort of welcome. At least he not unwelcome. Well not entirely unwelcome. OK..... if I were being honest there may be the odd occasion when he sort of get's just a tiny wee bit unwelcome.

But we love him just the same. Or rather, to be more accurate, we like him just the same. At any rate, we don't dislike him....

Ah, the hell with it. You're welcome.

Jimmy

This one is way too funny, I was laughigh out loud (LOL) alone in my living room!

LOL, you thought I made my comment about the ''F'' word and ''Both sexes'' because I want to have the right to use it? That was not the point, I just wanted to say that it should be inapropriate for BOTH sexes to use it ;)

I'm not saying that I have never used it either because here in Quebec, Canada, it's a very commonly used term and most people don't even know what it means (French speaking, you know), they just use it as someone would use ''s h i t, I forgot my 2nd suitcase at home'' when they are ready to board. I do try not to swear too much (sorry, I've been in the army where people did swear all the time and unfortunately I did swear too but I try not to swear anymore).

A Fokker is a plane. I thought I knew what a firkin is, but I can't remember, but I think it's something you wear. Obviously I need more dictionaries. :p Moment.....

lolz. I firkin is a wooden thing you put butter in. Maybe you don't wish to wear that!

A Fokker is a plane. I thought I knew what a firkin is, but I can't remember, but I think it's something you wear. Obviously I need more dictionaries. :p Moment.....

lolz. I firkin is a wooden thing you put butter in. Maybe you don't wish to wear that!

Or beer. There is a chain of pubs over here with names like The Goose and Firkin. We could have The Large Orange Cat and Firkin, I dare say.:)

Now, I'm totally lost :( I understand none of these 2 words ''firkins'' and ''Fokkers'' (I hope you will excuse my ignorance, I am a French Canadian who does her best to understand and write a little of English but on this one, even my English-French dictionary won't help me).

I hear you laughing :D

If there is laughter, then it isn't at you. Don't worry about the NCL thing either - if you are able to take a crossing on the Queen Mary 2 then you sound as if you'll have a wonderful time.

I should point out that there are a lot of "in jokes" (jokes that make sense to regulars, but not to others) on this board. I'm sensing you're feeling a bit left behind, but in point of fact you're in a perfectly sensible place and it is these mad loonies who have lost the plot!!!!

If you really want to experience elegance you should try and get on to the Queen Elizabeth 2 before she goes out of service. There is one crossing that is still open for bookings - the April 12th NY to Southampton crossing. That would be the experience of a lifetime. If you do make it I'll show you around.

Stick with this board - the loonies are incredibly nice and well meaning. Just completely insane!

As for the word that we've been discussing, it has its place. Such as when hitting one's thumb with a hammer. It doesn't have a place to pad out sentences or allow people to have vocabularies in single figures.

Matthew

I've just had an email from Lord Stanley. He says that it is between pages 23 and 24 of that rather lewd magazine that you keep at the bottom of the pile inside the top drawer of your bedside cabinet.

David

ps Stan says that Maureen only pretends not to know about it.

I've just had an email from Lord Stanley. He says that it is between pages 23 and 24 of that rather lewd magazine that you keep at the bottom of the pile inside the top drawer of your bedside cabinet.

The two-timing little piece of feline faeces. He must have been using the upstairs PC while I was on the downstairs one. Never trust a cat!!

J

Archived