Carnival wine suggestion

cod

Just want to pass along the following.....

We were with a group on the Fantasy recently. A group amenity was a bottle of wine per cabin, served with dinner. It was really very good! We wanted to buy a bottle a couple of nights later but it wasn't on their wine list. The waiter said it wouldn't be because it was the house wine but that we could still order a bottle. We wanted the Merlot again but he said they also had a Chardonnay. It was called Le Terra from California and it was $13 per bottle, plus the gratuity of course. Still a bargain.

We like wine and enjoyed this one...plus the price was right.

Just want to pass along the following.....

We were with a group on the Fantasy recently. A group amenity was a bottle of wine per cabin, served with dinner. It was really very good! We wanted to buy a bottle a couple of nights later but it wasn't on their wine list. The waiter said it wouldn't be because it was the house wine but that we could still order a bottle. We wanted the Merlot again but he said they also had a Chardonnay. It was called Le Terra from California and it was $13 per bottle, plus the gratuity of course. Still a bargain.

We like wine and enjoyed this one...plus the price was right.

La Terra Merlot came in our 'fruit/cheese/wine gift basket' in Sept on the Pride...

We never opened it and are going to bring it onto the Spirit(2 wks!!)

Wonder if the Chardonnay was also $13?

Glad to hear that the Merlot is good.:p

Did you order a bottle during dinner from the Waiter?

Would like to pre-order tho.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Janis

Yes, they were both $13 and yes, we ordered it from our waiter during dinner. He was the one who got it for us but I'm sure the wine steward would have too had she been handy when we decided to ask about it.

I'd forgotten all about things like gift baskets and such, and that they too would contain Carnival's house wine so perhaps more people know about it than I thought might.

And it must be a Carnival 'thing'. I asked about it back home where we buy our liquor and wine, figuring that if Carnival charges $13, it might be REAL cheap in a store. This is a big store and the owner is pretty wine 'savvy' but he'd never heard of it. He checked his computer and said it wasn't one his warehouse stocked.

Just a thought but won't Carnival charge you a corkage fee if you bring it on the Spirit? If they do - and if it's $10 or $15 - you might just want to drink it at home and, if you like it, just buy more on board for about the same price.

Have a great cruise!!!!

Yes, they were both $13 and yes, we ordered it from our waiter during dinner. He was the one who got it for us but I'm sure the wine steward would have too had she been handy when we decided to ask about it.

I'd forgotten all about things like gift baskets and such, and that they too would contain Carnival's house wine so perhaps more people know about it than I thought might.

And it must be a Carnival 'thing'. I asked about it back home where we buy our liquor and wine, figuring that if Carnival charges $13, it might be REAL cheap in a store. This is a big store and the owner is pretty wine 'savvy' but he'd never heard of it. He checked his computer and said it wasn't one his warehouse stocked.

Just a thought but won't Carnival charge you a corkage fee if you bring it on the Spirit? If they do - and if it's $10 or $15 - you might just want to drink it at home and, if you like it, just buy more on board for about the same price.

Have a great cruise!!!!

Lots of great information. I too tried to look it up ..No Luck.

Corkage fee...hum...hum.. Think we'll just enjoy it out on our Balcony.

Maybe we'll order the Chardonnay with our dinner. :)

Ouestion: When you order wine with dinner will they let you take the bottle back to the room? -or- does it stay?

Janis

You can do either...let the wine steward keep it till next time or take it with you. At least I saw some folks do that but whether they were supposed to or not I can't say! They weren't stopped though.

As for the corkage fee, I think you are charged that for just bringing it on board, even if you plan to have it in your cabin. Perhaps someone will check this thread and know for sure and tell us both. The only time I tried to bring a bottle of wine on board was with NCL and they charged me the corkage fee as I was boarding.

Once again, have a great time!!

Is it this wine?

http://www.shopping.com/xPC-La_Terre_Merlot

I searched for La Terre, La Terra, Le Terre and Le Terra and came up with this one.

There's a La Terra that's an Italian wine, but OP said it is Californian, which makes me think it may be the one in the link.

Can you just order by the glass in the dining room just to give it a try?

Archived