Onboard laundry services--Explorer

BunkerVA

Hello,

DH and I will be sailing onboard Explorer of the Seas on December 14th and were wondering if the onboard laundry service offers steaming? I have two gowns that might need it and I would have it done here, but after folding them in a garment bag...you get the idea. I heard keeping the garments in the dry cleaning plastic helps, but have no experience as to whether this works with gowns.

Thanks for any information!

Counting the days,

Sam :D

They have a wonderful pressing service, though unsure if it is steam or not. I suspect they do what they gown requires. The cost is 1/2 of the dry cleaning fee and they do a wonderful job. I have stopped ironing before a cruise and now just hand everything to the steward and it is all back the next day by 4 and I don't have to do it. For the 10$ or so it costs me it is so worth it.

I have used the laundry bag system when packing. It does help. Some things are just prone to wrinkle and I have learned to leave those at home!

When I use the bags I will cover each item separately then use one bag over the bunch (about 4-5 pieces) and roll them up in one total bag. That seems to work best for me. But it all depends on the garments you are packing.

So far I haven't tried Sues method....but it sounds like it might be worth it! :)

Thanks guys :) We have used their pressing service (saves a lot of aggrivation!) and I'm gonna hope they offer steam.... or I may be showering with my gown! :D

Thanks again!

Thanks guys :) We have used their pressing service (saves a lot of aggrivation!) and I'm gonna hope they offer steam.... or I may be showering with my gown! :D

Thanks again!

Just hang it in the bathroom and that might help, also you are ALLOWED travel steamers if you want to get one of the those.

Hello! We are on the Explorer in late January, will you be writing a review for us to read? We are curious as to when the weather warms up and what the cold weather activities are...thanks!

Hi! Yes, I plan on writing a review!! I generally post quickly so hopefully it will be up by the time you leave!

Thanks for the suggestion Sue! I didn't know we were "allowed" to take a steamer...I'll think on it!

TWO WEEKS!

Archived