Airlines into Istanbul

Capt. Mike

Can anyone comment on the air service into Istanbul from the US? We are flying out of Houston and Air France looks like the most direct (and shortest travel time) from Houston. Delta also goes but somewhat of a longer travel time. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

DL has a non stop from JFK and Turkish has non stops from ORD, JFK, etc. Last time I went to IST, I flew DL. It was nice not having to hassel with a connection in Europe - sleep all night - arrive in IST. When I return from my Wind Star cruise next year, I'm flying KLM from IST to AMS - then NWA AMS to DTW - then DTW to MCI. It was the shortest routing time wise, plus, I was able to secure a business award seat. So, you may want to check the KLM flight out of Houston.

We are flying BA from Des Moines - ORD - Heathrow to IST next May. BA had the best flight times and fares for us. (It ain't easy getting out of Des Moines!)

We're hoping for the best with the Heathrow connection. We heard that a new terminal opening up next spring is supposed to help with the lost baggage problems.

Captain Mike,

We used Air France from Houston IAH with a stop at CDG, then on to Istanbul, returning back from Athens. The trip was flawless.

Windstar gave us so much time in Port each day, we were able to rent a car on Rhodes and Santorini. Saw EVERYTHING and had a fantastic time.

Archived