What special dinners do you ask the maitre'd to cook?

martyz

Last time the maitre'd suggested veal cutlet parm with garlic bread. NO, he did not cook it and he was not the butcher, he only suggested it as we didn't like anything else on the menu and it was the best! I was just wondering if anyone else ordered anything and if they would order it again.

The shrimp cocktail sounds good? I always ask for fresh OJ.

Thanks for the good ideas.

We just got back from a cruise and we often got special things and ordered different things. Not every night but occasionally. We were accommodated every time. My father in law likes sliced tomatoes so they brought them for him every night. One night also they made shrimp pasta as he did not like anything on the menu. Several nights they brought us special appetizers and surprised us.

It was very nice and I did not feel like a diva.

to me, the sliced tomatoes isn't quite the same. That I would do without even thinking twice about it. I just don't think I would order a special entree.

Nita

i remember when princess used the Hilton Hawaiian Village for pre cruise and going to their famous Bali restaurant requesting their famous Rack of Lamb with Macadamia Nuts, which I had read a glowing report about in a magazine.Was told the menu had changed ...i gave a big sigh.;) :D Oh what a pity I had been reading how yummy it was.They made it specially for me and it was very yummy:D
not to highjack the post, but next time you are at the Hilton Hawaiian Village try the Chinese restaurant: very pricey but I think it is the best food I have ever tasted. We have eaten there 3 times I think.

Nita

Archived