Who did that song and what's the title?

JHCALLAHAN

Hi fellow cruisers,

This song was on a commercial for a while (I think it was Carnival) that went something like

Somewhere across the sea

My lover stands on golden sands,

And watches the ships

That come sailing in.

Best I remember it was a catchy song. I'd like to have it on my MP3 to take cruising!

Thanks,

JHC

Hi fellow cruisers,

This song was on a commercial for a while (I think it was Carnival) that went something like

Somewhere across the sea

My lover stands on golden sands,

And watches the ships

That come sailing in.

Best I remember it was a catchy song. I'd like to have it on my MP3 to take cruising!

Thanks,

JHC

Frank Sinatra... the song is titled 'Somewhere Beyond the Sea'...

Hmmm, got an "upgrade" huh? :D

Must have been that Conquest review (which I still re-read occasionally).

No seriously, it makes me feel like we're in good hands. Carry on, dude!

Thanks so much! If I'm lucky I'll get by without making myself look silly, or at least that my goal!!

:D

Thanks for the links. Nice song. Sure liked those dancers behind Robbie :D

I found the commercial on Youtube but no one seemed to know who did it. I've never heard of Robbie Williams. They also had the old "Ain't We Got Fun" with Kathie Lee. Wow, she was smokin' hot!

I bet Ole Blue Eyes did it well. I'm going to see if I can find his version. I have quite a few of his CD's but none have that song. I think I have more that were my father in law's, maybe it's on one of those.

Thanks again,

JHC

Frank Sinatra... the song is titled 'Somewhere Beyond the Sea'...

Mach..was way more later than Sinatra in his hayday..perhaps recorded by him , but....the best known version...

by THE late/great Bobby Darin..Kevin spacey starred in the flick..Beyoud the Sea, last year..the life and times of Bobby Darin with wife, the Late Sandra Dee..always glad to help...lucky

After your fabolous reviews on the Conquest I can't think of a better person for this job. Congrat's Machman you deserve it.

I now have to be a better poster!!!

Robb

Thanks very much. I really appreciate the support!!!

Thanks for the links. Nice song. Sure liked those dancers behind Robbie :D

I found the commercial on Youtube but no one seemed to know who did it. I've never heard of Robbie Williams. They also had the old "Ain't We Got Fun" with Kathie Lee. Wow, she was smokin' hot!

I bet Ole Blue Eyes did it well. I'm going to see if I can find his version. I have quite a few of his CD's but none have that song. I think I have more that were my father in law's, maybe it's on one of those.

Thanks again,

JHC

Here's the Bobby Darin version

http://download.yousendit.com/E3C0905539204AF9

I'm sure that makes him a little mad. He's quite popular in Britain. His most famous song to date in the states is Angels:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF8unwxhNho

Sorry Robbie. I'm a grumpy counterculture ole f#rt already I suppose.:D I like old country, old rock, old movies etc etc etc. Not much into pop culture. I haven't seen Finding Nemo and have no desire to. I'd rather watch True Grit for the upteen hundredth time. :p I went to sleep in the recliner during the 10 o'clock news last night, and when I woke up Seinfeld was on. Had to go to bed post haste. Have never figured out how anyone with an IQ higher than a Galapagos tortoise could stand to watch that drivel. Stupidest thing I ever saw in my life. Makes the Three Stooges look like nuclear physicists.

Oh well, enough of my rant. Still going to try to find Sinatra's version.;)

Sus amigo,

JHC

The version from the commercial is by the famous Robbie Williams. They also used his version in FINDING NEMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5RKy0mVSYo&feature=related

Pete - You need to post the link to the first clip the next time someone complains about the Carnival Dancers' costumes.;) The "Finding Nemo" clip was great!

Off topic - Dan just landed the role of Lefou in the school production of "Beauty and the Beast." Never mind that he's slightly taller than Gaston.:p However, it's his first solo singing role.

Back on topic - I wish they still used "Beyond the Sea" for the Carnival commercials. I liked it a lot better than "Ain't We Got Fun."

Off topic - Dan just landed the role of Lefou in the school production of "Beauty and the Beast." Never mind that he's slightly taller than Gaston.:p However, it's his first solo singing role.

That's GREAT! You should be very proud! As I'm sure he is! :)

Archived