Australia cruise ports

lisalovlee33

In Melbourne you can walk out of the pier and catch the 109 tram to the city it costs $3.30 a two hours ticket or $6.30 or a whole day ticket.It will take about 15mins to the city, its very easy to get around via public or free transport in melbourne. There is a free city circle tram and a free city shuttle. Try this web site has a lot of info on Melbourne.http://www.thatsmelbourne.com.au

As for Sydney most ships dock in the city but there a two diffrent areas they dock, but they are both within walking distance of the city. What ship are you on? I am on mercury in Jan and we will be docking at the overseas passanger terminal circular quay.

Good luck have fun in Melbourne!

Cathy

In Melbourne you can walk out of the pier and catch the 109 tram to the city it costs $3.30 a two hours ticket or $6.30 or a whole day ticket.It will take about 15mins to the city, its very easy to get around via public or free transport in melbourne. There is a free city circle tram and a free city shuttle. Try this web site has a lot of info on Melbourne.http://www.thatsmelbourne.com.au

As for Sydney most ships dock in the city but there a two diffrent areas they dock, but they are both within walking distance of the city. What ship are you on? I am on mercury in Jan and we will be docking at the overseas passanger terminal circular quay.

Good luck have fun in Melbourne!

Cathy

Thanks Cathy. We'll be on Mercury Jan 6 sailing. I tried to look up Newcastle all night but can't come up with anything on it. It does seem that it's an industrial port but has no mention on cruise ships there. I am thinking of getting a rented car there, but may decide not to, if the ship to the city takes over 30 mins ride like in the case of Christchurch.

I think your ship will be one of the first to visit Newcastle. It is an industrial port but it also has wonderful beaches and is very close to the Hunter Valley wine region. I presume that is one of the reasons that you will be going there.

In Melbourne there is a lot to do on your own if you are interested. Here is a posting from way back that gives you some idea of what you can do and see.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=459427

Have a great cruise and enjoy your time in both our city and our country.

Jennie

• 3 weeks later...

Archived