grand turks poolside cabanas?

hlb76

I have this on the ports board as well but they are very slow moving.

I wonder does anyone have any experience with using these. They sound nice and the price is not bad. Thought it might be a nice way to relax as we are only there from 7-2 and are traveling with our children.

The beach at Grand turk is right by the pier, and is nice, but behind it is Margaritaville, with a wonderful pool. Your kids will discover that, and want to go there. It is free, although they will hope you will spend some money for food and drinks, or in the shop. The next day you will be at Half Moon Cay, and the beach there is fabulous. Might be the place to spring for the cabana. EM

I would agree with Essiesmom and wait until Half Moon Cay. We were in GT last December on Holland America and I think there is too much around the beach area like Margaritaville, shops, etc. to make a cabana worthwhile. You could easily be distracted and not spend much time there. We also then went to Half Moon Cay and there is nothing going on there except the beach and relaxation and it seems you would use the cabana more. We had chaise lounges and one of the clamshells and it was great -- a place to lie down and a little shade if you needed it. I personally think the cabanas are a waste of money, but alot of people really like them.

We got the best prices on some of our liquor purchases in Grand Turk....at the store right at the end of the pier. We didn't buy much because we knew we would be going to St. Thomas later.

Enjoy your cruise:D

Archived