Hotel recommendations Charleston

newbrunswicker

Hi everyone. We are arriving early evening of Mar 14th for our Mar 15th cruise on Majesty. We are dropping off a car at the airport so thinking of staying near there and taking taxi to the port in the morning. Any suggestions. Doesn't have to be fancy, just clean.

Hi everyone. We are arriving early evening of Mar 14th for our Mar 15th cruise on Majesty. We are dropping off a car at the airport so thinking of staying near there and taking taxi to the port in the morning. Any suggestions. Doesn't have to be fancy, just clean.

If you have never been to Charleston, I would suggest staying downtown. Rooms are going to be more expensive but it would be worth it, IMO, if you have never been. I would suggest Elliott House Inn downtown if you can get a room. It's not fancy, but quaint. For a no frills, and I mean no frills, room, I would suggest the Comfort Inn on Bee Street. It's still just a short cab ride to down town.

for one night if you feel like a splurge try the Charleston Place. One of the nicest hotels I have even been in or just go over for Tea....

PS we stayed at the Doubletree too and it was much less expensive nice centrally located hotel...

and at the Mills house(longer stay) and it was fine

I am from Charleston, and I have to say...stay downtown! The port is there, great restaurants, beautiful architecture etc...It will be expensive because of the springtime high season. Charleston Place is the tops in expense. It is beautiful, though. Try the Vendue Inn. I know most of the places so feel free to e-mail me and I can go into greater detail. I have really benefited from others help, and I would be happy to do the same for you.

t_champion@charter.net

Good Luck, Tory

Archived