Driving to Port Everglades - park at terminal or park and fly??

LakeErieLive

Going on the Coral Princess on January 6 and driving down to Florida. Any ideas whether to park at the terminal, or park outside at the park and fly and take their shuttle into the terminal....Does anyone know what terminal the Coral Princess will dock at????....Seems like the cost is $15 per day at the terminal and $12 per day at park and fly....

We like the PARK N'FLY and just made a reservation for our Emerald Cruise December 26. Cost for 10 days = $ 90.00 (or $ 60.00/week).

It is cheaper than the parking garage at the pier, the shuttle is very convenient and well organized, but the parking is not covered.

We just got back from our CB cruise and did Park n' Fly which was wonderful. There was no hassle and everyone was very friendly. Having to wait for a shuttle to come and pick you up at your car and take you to the port is a little bit annoying but that's just because we were anxious to get there and waiting was a hassle. My vote is for PnF. It's much cheaper too.

We always park at the Park and FLY and it works out very well. The van picks you up at your car and drives you to the ship then you call when you get off and they pick you up at the ship and drive you back to your car. If you have AAA the cost is 9$ or 12$ without AAA. The lot is right outside the port entrance and easy to find.

We like the port parking because we can almost always find a parking spot right across the street from the ship. Probably an illusion, I feel our car is safer within the secure protection the port offers and it's covered.

If mobility is an issue, this is the way to go for sure to keep transfering people and luggage to a minimum.

Still, off site parking is less expensive for sure.

We have sailed out of FLL several times and always park at a hotel that has a park and fly program. If you stay one night they will let you park your car, plus you get transpotaion to the port. They will also pick you up on your return, but to us it is less hassle just to take a taxi and not have to wait. Also there is less handling of the luggage this way.

I will park at the pier from now on. Having to wait on the shuttles and then waiting to retrieve our van and loading it was not worth the money saved from parking at the pier(plus tipping the driver handling the luggage). Not to mention losing all the time! I could have saved an hour parking at the pier and that makes a difference when you have a 13 hour drive ahead of you.

We have been out of FLL 7 times and every time we park at the pier. The savings isn't worth the hassle for us. We are usually some of the first ones in line waiting to get on the ship and I don't like anything slowing me/us down. :D

• 2 years later...

NEVER, NEVER park here. I had to call the police after a threat by the manager. The Park and Go is across the street (even less expensive). The manager began to hit my car and bang on the windows, he either has anger issues or something more.

NEVER, NEVER park here at Park and Fly. I had to call the police after a threat by the manager. The Park and Go is across the street on Eller Street (even less expensive). The manager at Park and Fly began to hit my car and bang on the windows, he either has anger issues or something more.

Archived