Cribs on Navigator of Seas?

mimi42

I've been unable to determine whether RCCL uses cribs or Pack and Plays on the Navigator. My 21 m.o. granddaughter will be sharing a balcony cabin with her parents. What sort of bedding do they use? Where's the best place to put it? Is there a curtain? Should I bring my own sheets?

I've posted this question on the RCCL forum, but didn't get any response. Our cruise is coming up in a couple of weeks and I'd love to have someone answer.

Thanks,

Mimi

Having never been on the Navigator, I can't answer your question with absolute certainty, but an educated guess would be a pack n play. I have been on three cruises where we needed a crib and on each one we received a pack n play (however, on one cruise (Princess) we were traveling with others and they received a port a crib so I know they are out there). It seems that when we travel, we receive a pack n play over 80% of the time.

What sort of bedding do they use?

They simply put a folded regular sheet on the mattress, they don't use pack n play sheets. We always brought our own sheets because (a) they fit better, (b) they were softer and © rightly or wrongly, we thought our child would sleep better in a bed that smelled like "home".

Where's the best place to put it?

There will be a pull out sofa toward the end of the cabin near the balcony. Simply ask your room steward to remove the coffee table in front of the sofa (or you can put it on the balcony, we've done both) and put the pack n play in its place.

Is there a curtain? Not a full - draw across the entire room to divide it curtain. There are curtains for the sliding door on to the balcony. There may be a little half-curtain in the room; it doesn't do much. I've seem some pretty ingenious recommendations on this board about how to divide the room - including clotheslines and makeshift curtains and all sorts of things. We always just closed the regular curtains and went out on the balcony after the baby was put to bed, but we also have pretty good sleepers, so we never put that much thought into the situation. The rocking of the ship is very soothing in and of itself.

Thanks for the replies. I have sheets from my pack n play and I will bring those, since they'll be a better fit than a regular bed sheet. Now, can anyone tell me if the pack n play can fit in the sitting area? My granddaughter won't sleep well if she can see her parents sleeping right next to her.

Mimi

Archived