Earliest time to book return flight - noon ok?

LeslieSJ

I know we'll get off the ship early and the airport in Ft. Lauderdale is close to the port but on our last cruise we found a huge line at the airport. It seemed that a lot of cruise passengers arrived at the same time from multiple ships and it just caused a log-jam. I don't know if that particular day was an anomoly or if it's always like that, but we waited in line outside to check in for almost 2 hrs.

Anyway, back to Ft. Laud. for a cruise in Feb. 2008 and wondering if we'll feel like we're cutting it close if our flight out is at noon. There's a 1:30 one but it gets home 3 hours later than the noon flight.

Do you guys usually make your return flights for later in the afternoon or does noon sound okay? Thanks for any advice.

We book flights around noon if we arrive in FLL or around 1 if we arrive in MIA.

TSA has been a problem lately as they don't seem to know thier butts from their elbows.

We also waited nearly 2 hours in FLL but that was due to a cut back in Federal security funding ( Thanks GEORGE!) so they had to close down 2 security lanes. We were told it was going to be permanent.

Dave:eek:

You will have no problem making the noon flight out of FLL.

As long as the ship get's in on time - clearing the ship is not a problem.

5 minutes to the airport.

I know what you mean with the long lines.

We have a 2pm flight out in March.

I know there will be a long line to check in before the flight home.

Also...

Look online - know your options on other flights - if they ask for people to bump and get free air fare. Know that there may be room on the next flight.

I would think you'll be just fine with a noon flight time.

We're doing the Millie in/out of FLL in April. Our flight departs at 11:25AM. We would have preferred a 12:00-12:30 flight just in case (Customs/flat tire/alligator/etc.), but....oh well.:rolleyes: We're flying SWA so we'll print our Boarding Passes the day before and HOPEFULLY (!) we won't hit TOO long a line to check our luggage at the kiosks. Security lines? I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Happy cruising!

Denise

We have booked mostly noon flights out of FLL and have waited each and every time and had prior flights delayed and create a ripple effect as well that delayed us.

If it were me, and for sure next time, I would book the 10:30 flight back home and the cruiseline will def get you off first, you're out and you are home. It's a rush, but I won't give up so much time in the future unless I am forced to due to delays and bumps.

When we were on Century last month, we did the walk off (with all of our luggage) at 6:15 AM. If you book an early flight and don't mind paying for your own transport to the airport, this would be a great solution and you could go even earlier. We were the last ones off in that group (because I left my Seapass in the room and had to go back for it) and still only waited 5-10 minutes for a cab in Barcelona. Also, you don't have to put your suitcases out the night before which was great. Better check to be sure they will have that available on your cruise--it was the first time I had ever heard of it.

Cathy

Archived