Triumph 11/24

cruzen07

First, I did not expect free drinks. However, the point I was making was that there was no one to direct passengers when we arrived on the ship, but there sure was someone there waiting to sell a drink. This was a first cruise for the couple we were with, and I understood by the way the drinks were presented how they would think the "welcome" drink might be free. I aslo think 12.50 for a small drink in a fancy cup is an awful lot of money.

As I stated, this was my 12th cruise and I'm pretty familiar with the drill. I've cruised Holland, Princess, RCL, Celebrity, Costa, Windstar and the Big Red Boat. Carnival was by far the worst in my opinion. However, as I also said, they were the least expensive so I was 1/2 expecting what I got.

I also should have been clearer about the life jackets....I told the leader at the muster station as well as our cabin steward. He looked through the cabin with us the second time around. I expect professionalism in at least the most import aspects of one's job. It should not be necessary to have asked three times for life jackets.

I consider myself easy going and pretty friendly, so the attitude I spoke of was not my imagination. I also spoke with many people on the ship who felt the same as I did. Many people had dealings at the pursers desk and thought they were downright rude.

Of course the ports have nothing to do with the cruise lines, however this information is supposed to help others when choosing their cruise. It is also nice to know what to expect from specific shore excursions. The cruise lines makes them all sound fantastic and in reality they are not. I wanted them to know exactly what to expect from the Islands. I thought all islands were beautiful, just not exactly what I was looking for.

I thought this was tool to inform other cruisers and give opinions. Judging by some of the replies, I see opinions are only supposed to be favorable. I would also like to note that on this sites Top 10 lists, Carnival cruise lines is not listed in a single category.

Did not reply quickly because I had no idea that there would be such response or criticism and I don't usually have time to check internet more than once a day....obviously my life is a little more active that those here. I am so sorry I found this site and ever offered my opinion. It seems this site is for Carnival Cult members only. As I said, I was just be honest with my own perception and those of many people I spoke with. Judging by the responses here, I will not visit again because the comments are obviously very jaded. Happy cruising to you all!

The first person to approach you is a waiter with a tray full of exotic drinks, beware, they are not free.....NOTHING IS except your meals, coffee, tea, and juice.

. . .

We did however go the whole cruise without lifejackets.

THis sounds as if you expected the drinks to be free. Again, which cruise line offers complimentary alcoholic drinks???

As far as not having life jackets, all you said was you went the whole cruise without life jackets without explanation. Details make a difference.

Sorry you did not care for Carnival.

Alittle tip as to where these Life Jackets are stowed, most of them are stowed in the closet while others are stowed in this box under the t.v. The picture below shows a box with books on them, you flip that lid open and you will find the life jackets inside. There is a small tag that you can see on the side that shows a picture of a life jacket. Also as stated on the T.V. above, if there is a problem with your life jacket, call your cabin steward.

cabin1.JPG

Wow, first I read the LSU fans talking smack and now this bad review on a ship I am getting on in a couple of days. I definitely should have stayed off the board today.

Please remember reviews vary from person to person on the same sailing same ship. I've sailed twice on the Triumph this past year and had positive experiences both times :) Enjoy your upcoming cruise.

Did not reply quickly because I had no idea that there would be such response or criticism and I don't usually have time to check internet more than once a day....obviously my life is a little more active that those here. I am so sorry I found this site and ever offered my opinion. It seems this site is for Carnival Cult members only. As I said, I was just be honest with my own perception and those of many people I spoke with. Judging by the responses here, I will not visit again because the comments are obviously very jaded. Happy cruising to you all!

Go over and post a negative review on the RCCL, Princess, HAL or any other cruiseline board on this site and then tell us how they respond to you. I have news for you, if you post a negative review on any of the other cruise line boards on this site, the same exact thing will happen. So it's not only here on Carnival.;)

It is pretty obvious that the OP hid in their cabin and avoided the Muster Drill. No way would a passenger be standing at the Muster Drill with no life jacket.

So if there was an emergency and the OP did not know where to go or what to do...I guess that would have been Carnival's fault too! :rolleyes:

We have stated before we have a number of reason why we will not sail carnival again.

My wife is an ex maitre d.

Her other duties were, she was in charge of a muster station, and she took the US coastgaurd test to be a fire fighter,( she was called on twice to use her training, in very serious fire that led to the stage before the Master would have to give the "Abandon Ship".

She always checks the l/jackets on any ship, on the Triumph the were missing parts one had a strap that was cut, these were reported twice,

She also found the muster drill very poor, lack of discipline etc.

the op or "troll" ( what a stupid comment) has responded and it resonates with us.

We also did not notice a crew only drill, this may have happened when we were off ship, but in her day it was done on the day at sea, to reasure the pax that the crew new what they were doing!

Regards

Go over and post a negative review on the RCCL, Princess, HAL or any other cruiseline board on this site and then tell us how they respond to you. I have news for you, if you post a negative review on any of the other cruise line boards on this site, the same exact thing will happen. So it's not only here on Carnival.;)
That maybe so but does that give you the right to jump to conclusions and call someone a "troll" very childish from someone with so many post and so few cruises, you could of course have spent to much time setting up the glitter, to list your other cruises, regards

That maybe so but does that give you the right to jump to conclusions and call someone a "troll" very childish from someone with so many post and so few cruises, you could of course have spent to much time setting up the glitter, to list your other cruises, regards

Usually people who post a negative review who just joined are trolls. Yes, this OP came back, but most don't. I may not have a lot of cruises under my belt but I am no stranger to going on vacation.

And it's absolutely NONE of your business how many posts I have. I don't have to justify anything to you. :rolleyes:

One was a drink in a coconut and the other was in a replica of the carnival red white and blue smoke stack
Ah, well there is a simple solution to that -- only buy the drinks in regular glasses. ;)

Absolutely not, everyone is welcome to express their opinion here. However, you must realize any time you post something on the internet, you are opening yourself up to comments from others -- and they are entitled to their opinions as well. Sometimes it has more to do with HOW you say something than the message you are trying to get across. I posted a review after our Triumph review and while our experience was mostly positive, there were a few areas that could have stood improvement. I stated both the good and bad and had no problem with negative comments.

Usually people who post a negative review who just joined are trolls. Yes, this OP came back, but most don't. I may not have a lot of cruises under my belt but I am no stranger to going on vacation.

And it's absolutely NONE of your business how many posts I have. I don't have to justify anything to you. :rolleyes:

Dish it out, but not take! the numbers of post you make are part of the your boards, the number of cruises you claim are up to you to show or not.

If both are factual why is it not any of my buss, you post them like your rather banal glitter.

At least I do not make assumptions like you and insult an op.

Kind Regards

Dish it out, but not take! the numbers of post you make are part of the your boards, the number of cruises you claim are up to you to show or not.

If both are factual why is it not any of my buss, you post them like your rather banal glitter.

Kind Regards

Ok....whatever. Have a wonderful day. :D

I thought this was tool to inform other cruisers and give opinions. Judging by some of the replies, I see opinions are only supposed to be favorable. I would also like to note that on this sites Top 10 lists, Carnival cruise lines is not listed in a single category.

Yes, you are correct about giving opinions. I believe what upset others is the inconsistence of your statements. In this tread you said one thing and then in another tread you say something else. I read review with an open mind. One person had the worst cruise ever and another (on the same sailing) had the best cruise ever.

I think that really upset others is your first or second post was to slam dunk the ship and the cruise line. That smells of you being a TROLL. JMHO!

Also, everyone that has ever sailed knows that the ship will not sail without 100 % attendance at muster drill. Everyone has to have life jackets and if someone shows up without a life jacket, the crew will get them in order to complete the muster drill. BTW, muster drill is not an option but is mandatory for all.

Sorry you did/do not like Carnival, just makes another cabin available for someone else.

We are sailing the Triumph on Mar 1, 08 and we are very excited about sailing on her.

standby, odd that I never see you post unless it's in a thread that is generally negative toward Carnival. Why is it that you appear to believe it's your responsibility to support the bashers? Your condescending tone is totally unwanted and unnecessary, too. It certainly rubs me the wrong way, since you sound so very much like my ex. Yes, he's English. Cheers!

Back on topic, I personally appreciate having the opportunity to read any review of any ship. I read them about ships that I don't imagine I'll ever sail. Good, bad, indifferent, I enjoy them all.

I originally responded to the OP because I absolutely loved Half Moon Cay and did a repeat cruise with the same itinerary specifically so I could return. I didn't find the beach crowded at all (you have to be willing to walk away from the pier). I found the lunch to be quite tasty, both times, sailing two different ships.

I think it's silly to argue with a person who posts a review. If they didn't like the food and I did, oh well!

Everyone's experience will differ, even on the same sailing. I don't like the way anyone who says anything the least bit negative is attacked. But it is often the way in which the comments are stated that draw the ire of the Carnival faithful, not the opinion itself.

standby, odd that I never see you post unless it's in a thread that is generally negative toward Carnival. Why is it that you appear to believe it's your responsibility to support the bashers? Your condescending tone is totally unwanted and unnecessary, too. It certainly rubs me the wrong way, since you sound so very much like my ex. Yes, he's English. Cheers!

Back on topic, I personally appreciate having the opportunity to read any review of any ship. I read them about ships that I don't imagine I'll ever sail. Good, bad, indifferent, I enjoy them all.

I originally responded to the OP because I absolutely loved Half Moon Cay and did a repeat cruise with the same itinerary specifically so I could return. I didn't find the beach crowded at all (you have to be willing to walk away from the pier). I found the lunch to be quite tasty, both times, sailing two different ships.

I think it's silly to argue with a person who posts a review. If they didn't like the food and I did, oh well!

Everyone's experience will differ, even on the same sailing. I don't like the way anyone who says anything the least bit negative is attacked. But it is often the way in which the comments are stated that draw the ire of the Carnival faithful, not the opinion itself.

Why are they bashers? this op posted a revue of the cruise they were on it was a negative post that was the op's opinion because it resonated with our experience and he was treated by people like you as a "basher" I responded.

If you read my response I stated that the staff were great on the Triumph.

It is the arrogance of people like you who when someone posts a negative go into attack mode for what is someones opinion.

I would not like to speculate as to why you English husband is now EX.

Kind Regards

Of course, the British, being very proper, would never act childish...

Kind Regards

No, it appears you insult other people besides the op

How kind, thank you very very much, and the same to you.

I do love social intercourse on all levels. I am Madam your Servant,best regards ps did you like your three cruises?

Perhaps social intercourse is the only kind you can get.

Opps sorry that was really bad, I mean it. I'm going straight to h*ll for that but I couldn't resist. Can't we all get along? Of course I shouldn't be talking -- I've only had 4 cruises

Of course, the British, being very proper, would never act childish...

No, it appears you insult other people besides the op

Perhaps social intercourse is the only kind you can get.

Opps sorry that was really bad, I mean it. I'm going straight to h*ll for that but I couldn't resist. Can't we all get along? Of course I shouldn't be talking -- I've only had 4 cruises

If you read some of my posts you will read that I have stated when American op's were complaining on a number of occasions how rude etc there fellow Americans could be, I stated that we have a lot of Idiots in the UK and in a travel survey we were in the top three worst nations, America was 15th.

To your second point, only if it is worth it,

To your third point I am an aetheist, so hell and your assumption you may go their for your rather childish remark does not interest me, save to say that I have two standards for a partner, one is intelligence, I need to go no further, you are safe. My kind regards

Archived