Ft Lauderdale & Key Lime Pie

Steamboatin

We will be in Ft. Lauderdale shortly and want to eat some GOOD key lime pie.

We use to live down by the Keys and fell in love with the REAL key lime pie back in the 60's.

Well it is now over 40 years and we are still searching for a GOOD key lime pie.

Does anyone know where in Ft. Lauderdale we can get some GOOD key lime pie on the one night we will be in the city before our cruise?

PLEASE help us as we are in dire need of some real good recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

Bob Roth's New River Groves, on Griffin Road, in Davie, still makes the Key Lime Pie that convinced the state legislature to make the Key Lime Pie the official state pie of Florida. I personally don't think there is any better, and I've tried, Joe's, and Blonde Giraffe. It's a little off the beaten track for most people, but the lines out the door at Thanksgiving tells me that anyone who's tried it has liked it!

They do mail order as well. ;)

http://www.florida-oranges.com

Bob Roth's New River Groves, on Griffin Road, in Davie, still makes the Key Lime Pie that convinced the state legislature to make the Key Lime Pie the official state pie of Florida. I personally don't think there is any better, and I've tried, Joe's, and Blonde Giraffe. It's a little off the beaten track for most people, but the lines out the door at Thanksgiving tells me that anyone who's tried it has liked it!

They do mail order as well. ;)

http://www.florida-oranges.com

Thanks,

Where are they located? What is their address? Is it in or near Ft. Lauderdale? Directions please? What city/town are they in? Where in Ft. Lauderdale are they located as we will not have access to an automobile and will have to go by taxi?

Thanks,

Where are they located? What is their address? Is it in or near Ft. Lauderdale? Directions please? What city/town are they in? Where in Ft. Lauderdale are they located as we will not have access to an automobile and will have to go by taxi?

Click on the link provided, scroll to the bottom of the page, there you will find their street address, town, and toll free phone number. Taxi is easily doable, they're just west of the airport. :rolleyes:

map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=5660+Griffin+Road+Davie+Florida+33314&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=52.372705,81.738281&ie=UTF8&ll=26.0776,-80.178909&spn=0.117181,0.159645&z=13&iwloc=addr&*****=1

Many of the Florida locals I know and even some in Key West think the best key lime pie is sold at Publix supermarket, a chain that can be found throughout Florida.

My personal favorite key lime pie is the one served at California Pizza Kitchen, a national chain of eateries. California Pizza Kitchen in Fort Lauderdale is at:

2301 North Federal Highway (One-half mile south of Oakland Park Blvd.)

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33305

phone: 954 565 1196

Archived