Can I make this flight after sailing Freedom?

Sailing on Freedom out of Miami in January. Delta has changed the flight to leave MIA @ 10:55. Can I make this, self-disimdarkation(sp):confused: Is it reasonable to say I can make the airport by taxi by 9:00 - 9:30 to make this flight?

Thanks!

Sailing on Freedom out of Miami in January. Delta has changed the flight to leave MIA @ 10:55. Can I make this, self-disimdarkation(sp):confused: Is it reasonable to say I can make the airport by taxi by 9:00 - 9:30 to make this flight?

Thanks!

If there are no problems with immigration/security you could probably be self disembarked by 8:30am. The taxi is a short trip. But them you have to deal with security at the airport and that is a crapshoot. You could fly through or wait 30/45 minutes in MIA security. We got off in Miami in Oct. being in about 4th group off at 10:15 and that was without any problems so with no problems you can do it.

Since *Delta* rescheduled the flight, you can call them and have it moved to a later flight. Delta has rescheduled our flights for January to MIA twice now. The first time, they moved us way earlier and we were able to call and have it fixed. When he called, the rep asked if we were on a cruise and put us on one leaving after 1pm. Those same tickets would now cost over $600.

I was off the Freedom in August by 6:30 and to MIA by 7:00. My flight was not until almost 1:00 so I had a real long wait. I did carry my own luggage off though so that saved a lot of time.

Its doable IF your ship does not come into port late for some reason.

THANKS for the words of wisdom! We'll keep the flights, pack light ;), is that even possible and hope for the best. Next flight gets us home MUCH later. So as long as you can carry it all... anyone can self-disembark, no restrictions??

Thanks

THANKS for the words of wisdom! We'll keep the flights, pack light ;), is that even possible and hope for the best. Next flight gets us home MUCH later. So as long as you can carry it all... anyone can self-disembark, no restrictions??

Thanks

Thanks!

On our cruise on the Empress, mid cruise they sent a letter asking that any guest who have a flight prior to 11:00 a.m. to give them the information so that they can get off first. We are diamond members and have priority, but they let the early fliers go first, and then we were next. And as others posted as long as everything else goes smoothly, and the ship arrives on time etc., you should be fine. Enjoy your cruise.

No special arrangements are necessary to self disembark- you just hang onto your luggage- I found it much easier to do and I could have got off the ship at 0645 but went off at 7.20 and was at the airport, did curbside checkin, got through security and was walking to my gate before 0800 for a 10.10 flight.

Freedom docks at 0600 so barring any delays from Customs it should not be a problem for you.

Archived