Passport question

smashley

I just recently applied for a passport and have been checking the Online Application Status almost daily. Until now I didn't have any status because it was too soon. Today my status shows that my passport is being "processed". Will this information change once they have mailed it to me or could this possibly mean that it is already being mailed? I am just curious how this has worked in the past.

The online status has not been known for being timely in its status...but it does let you at least know that your application was received. (Mine did not show up as in process until I already had an email saying the passport was in the mail to me.) Given the recent turnaround times, you should have your passport back in 12-20 days.

Mine switched to "mailed" and told me which day it went out.. seemed to be right on as it arrived three days later.

Was also very excited to see that they have changed the passport Completely! Each page has a picture background and a quote on the top of the page....

Back in January I submitted my passport application at lunchtime on Wednesday and picked up my passport on Friday afternoon the same week (I did not pay for expedited processing). The catch, I was getting an Australian passport from the Australian consulate in New York (although the passport was issued at the embassy in Washington DC). I think US citizens need to pressure their congresspeople to get the State Department to lift its game.

Archived