Triumph Questions

RellaKay

Hi everyone! I was just wondering if you could give me some information on Triumph. I have been on Sensation and on RCCL's Mariner of the Seas. I am looking at the Western route in October of 2008. Could you please tell me the pros and cons of this ship? Anything would be great!

Thanks is advance!:p

Cindy

Thanks Wennfred! Actually, I am doing this research for a friend of mine who is already booked on this cruise. It leaves on October 5th, 2008. Unfortunately, I don't think I can go due to my work schedule. But, I still would appreciate anything I can get on this ship! The pros and cons. This will be this persons first cruise so is there anything that she should definately do or see on this ship or ports? I have only been to Cozumel so I am really not much help. Also, I know there is a packing list but is there anything in particular, for this ship, that she should take? I took half of the stuff that was mentioned and I only used one thing. Anyway, thanks in advance and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cindy

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much! I am checking for a friend of mine that's going on this ship. Is there anything that you can tell me that she should definately bring with her. (I was thinking about the shower curtain sticking to them) I think they will have an inside cabin. Thanks again!

Cindy

I bring these plastic clothes pin like things that I attach to the bottom of the shower curtain - weights it down and keeps it from flying around and attacking you.

There is a shampoo and body wash dispenser in the shower but your friend might want to bring a good conditioner along cuz that is not provided!

Hi Cindy:

DH and I have been on the Triumph for 3 different cruises in 2007. She is a good ship. We stayed in inside cabins all 3 cruises, and I would advise to get one that is mid-ship. We were on floor 8 but way forward for 2 cruises and on floor 1 towards the aft for the other. We felt more motion (cruising in Nov right after Noel made landfall) on floor 8 forward, but on floor 1 aft we felt the vibration of the engines while in our beds. I'm on a cruise to enjoy myself, so I didn't let these things bother me, but I did make mental notes to try for mid-ship next time.

They were working on her in Nov doing upgrades (new upholstery in the lounge, new carpets in halls, etc). One upgrade that they haven't yet done is to have refrigerators in every room. None of the inside cabins have them, so this may make a difference (as it would have for my in-laws with their insulin). I also agree with the previous post about bringing your own hair conditioner. Luckily I had some in the bottom of my cosmetic bag, but even if I didn't, they have a small assortment of items like this in the shops.

They also still have not done the upgrade to the large outdoor theater screen. This looks so cool on the other ships that we saw, and we will probably look for this specifically when we cruise again.

Now, specifically with the Triumph compared to the other cruise ships...I have known people in Cat 12 cabins who complained the entire trip and those in Cat 1 who loved everything. Our rule of thumb is to find a cruise with an itinerary that we would like at a price that we can afford. Everything over and above that is extra. We knew that the buffet on the Triumph didn't compare to the other cruises that we were on, but we wanted the itinerary more than an outstanding buffet. We wanted an internet cafe that did not have a smoking room adjoining it, but we couldn't turn down the unbelievable prices that we paid for the cruise. So we ate a lot at the deli or the burger stand, we took our own computer and went to a Wifi location to avoid the smoke smell, and we had an absolute blast.

One final note on sending a friend on any Carnival cruise is that through Carnival you can send gifts to their cabin. My DH spoils me rotten, so on our cruises especially, I like to send him little gifts. A cake as a little treat, a fruit/wine/cheese basket on the night we embark, and even alcoholic drink coupons delivered on the first night in the dining room. Yes, the items were a little more expensive, but they took care of everything for me and I had the joy of seeing his look every time he was surprised with a new gift.

I usually am not on the CC boards unless I have an upcoming cruise, so I probably won't be on again for a few months, but feel free to email me if you have any other questions. I'm always happy to help someone else enjoy a cruise just a little more!

Laura Ambroso0928 @ hotmail . com take out the spaces, and the 0928 is all numeric (a zero not an "o").

Archived