Taxi from Port of Miami to FLL

chelles24

Does anyone have any recent experiences taking a taxi from the Port of Miami to FLL post cruise? We are a group of 4 adults with alot of luggage with a 1:15 flight out of FLL. I know our ship, NCL Dawn, docks at 6 am in Miami, but I know that's no indication as to when we'll be off. Would a taxi be the best option for us to make our flight? Would we be able to use the NCL shuttles to make that flight? Are there taxis available large enough to accommodate us? And finally what would be a current approximate cost for the taxi?

Thanks so much, you guys are so helpful!!

For our Thanksgiving 2007 cruise on RCCL Freedom of the Seas, we flew into and out of FLL. There were five of us and we always requested a mini-van from the cab stands. FLL to Royal Palm in South Beach was approx. $85 + tip. From the hotel to POM was approx $25 + tip. From POM to FLL was approx. $75 + tip. We self-disembarked at POM at 6:45 AM (could have left at 6:15 AM) for our 10:10 AM flight out of FLL. We were through security and at our gate at 7:45 AM.

Does anyone have any recent experiences taking a taxi from the Port of Miami to FLL post cruise? We are a group of 4 adults with alot of luggage with a 1:15 flight out of FLL. I know our ship, NCL Dawn, docks at 6 am in Miami, but I know that's no indication as to when we'll be off. Would a taxi be the best option for us to make our flight? Would we be able to use the NCL shuttles to make that flight? Are there taxis available large enough to accommodate us? And finally what would be a current approximate cost for the taxi?

Thanks so much, you guys are so helpful!!

Hi:) I know its not for everyone, but remember, most cruiselines

offer their own tranfsers for much less than a taxi.

And if you are sailing out of Miami but are flying home from FLL that

might be a good option.

I am doing the same thing you are;) and I am cruising 2 weeks

from today:D.

Flying in and out of FLL airport but sailing out of Miami.

I am taking GO Shuttle to get down to Miami (arriving the night

before) for 18.00, but coming back I will use the cruiseline......

my particular one is 28.00...where a cab will run in the 80.00

range.

Hope this helps and have a great cruise!

Thanks for the information. The only thing I'm worried about with taking the shuttle is getting to the airport on time. Since our flight is at 1:15 pm, I worry that waiting for this shuttle to fill might be cutting it close getting to the airport. This is why I was thinking it maybe easier to take a private option. Does anyone have experience with the NCL shuttles from POM to FLL? What time could we expect to arrive at the airport?

Thanks!!

I have a 12:35 flight out of FLL on 1-10-07 after sailing out of Port of Miami. I have rented a minivan (there are 6 of us) which will cost me $80 including all the fees. It seems like the best option for us on paper, assuming Alamo shuttle is prompt and the detour to MIA airport for the vehicle is quick. We will also do self disembark.

Archived