Question for Bequia!

dblane

We are staying at the HI on 17th in Ft Lauderdale on Feb.6&7. I understand that the sun trolley doesn't run on Thursday. How far is the walk to the water taxi by the bridge and is it safe after dark? Thanks.

It's only a couple of blocks from your hotel, an easy walk. The SE 17th Street area is heavily visited by tourists, the area is well patroled, hence it's safe. As in anywhere you travel, always be aware of your surroundings.

map (point A the HIX, point B the water taxi) :

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=14772300650215787397,26.100838,-80.119723&time=&date=&ttype=&saddr=26.100186,-80.12754&daddr=Marriot+Dr+%4026.100838,+-80.119723&mra=mi&mrsp=0,1&sz=16&sll=26.099878,-80.122411&sspn=0.014645,0.019956&ie=UTF8&z=16&om=1

We picked up the water taxi under the bridge during the daytime, but we got back around 9pm and walked back to Extended Stay. We felt safe and stopped in at Walgreen's on the way back.

I also paid a visit to that Walgreens. :D

I stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 and walked over the big bridge at night (needed my Cold Stone Creamery fix after stuffing my face at the Rustic Inn). Never felt unsafe.

I also paid a visit to that Walgreens. :D

I stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 and walked over the big bridge at night (needed my Cold Stone Creamery fix after stuffing my face at the Rustic Inn). Never felt unsafe.

Did you like the Rustic Inn? I'll be looking for a place to eat the night before my cruise leaves.

Did you like the Rustic Inn? I'll be looking for a place to eat the night before my cruise leaves.

The Rustic Inn was great. The crabs were so much fun to eat, although very messy. They give you hammers to crack the shells. Don't wear very nice clothes there. I wore the bib around my neck and got another bib to wear on my lap.

The only thing different I will do next time (I will go back if I am in Ft. Lauderdale again) is order one crab sampler and something else to share. The crab sampler was tremendous and we left over quite a bit.

We sat in the outdoor area, which was on the water.

Archived