Norwegian Pearl

we are sailing on the Pearl in Jan./08 - this is our first time sailing a "freestyle" cruise. This will be our 12th cruise and we have always dressed for dinner in smart casual and tux and evening gown on formal nights. To us this is part of cruising as it gives us the opportunity to dress and enjoy our meals in beautiful surroundings and dressed appropriately. However will we be overdressed on this ship? As much as we enjoy dressing up we do not wish to stand out as the only ones wearing formal attire. Any input on the proper attire for "freestyle" cruising would be appreciated.

:) :)

You should absolutely dress however you want. That's the main advantage to freestyle.

For us freestyle meant no formal nights, which we don't enjoy, but some people dressed to the nines on the "formal" (or not) nights. We always dressed smart casual for dinner as did most people.

I wouldn't worry about being overdressed. Even if you are the only ones in tux and gown (unlikely) the worst that can happen is that people notice and think how fabulous you look! :)

BTW - You might want to post this question over on the NCL board - you'll probably get more responses.

I saw your post on Bonaire Port infor board. We will be there in April and would like your suggestions for Scuba Diving - i.e., operators, guides, areas, etc. I'll post the question and hope you can give us suggestions.

Thanks for your help.

Ray

Hi Ray! I'll head over to the Bonaire board and answer your question.

Golden Agers - I happended to see a thread over on the NCL board with the same question you're asking. It has a lot of replys to it so you might want to go take a look. :)

we are sailing on the Pearl in Jan./08 - this is our first time sailing a "freestyle" cruise. This will be our 12th cruise and we have always dressed for dinner in smart casual and tux and evening gown on formal nights. To us this is part of cruising as it gives us the opportunity to dress and enjoy our meals in beautiful surroundings and dressed appropriately. However will we be overdressed on this ship? As much as we enjoy dressing up we do not wish to stand out as the only ones wearing formal attire. Any input on the proper attire for "freestyle" cruising would be appreciated.

:) :)

We just cruised the Pearl in Oct. West. Caribbean and although we didn't *go all the way* formal...tux, etc. We did dress up most nights suit, sport coat and sparkly dresses, etc.

There were lots of people dressed up almost every night except embarkation night and the last night. There are formal photo's available every evening and lots of people were dressed to the nines in line for photo's every evening.

Enjoy it!

Howdy cruising goldenagers! 50.gif

Welcome the Cruise Blogs & Websites Forum! 04.gif

Thank you for your post. However, you have posted on the forum where members share their personal cruise-related blog or website with others. It is not the place for your type of post and the information you seek is off topic here. 05.gif

Per our Guidelines and to help you out, I am moving your thread to the Norwegian Cruise Line Forum where it will be on topic. The new location for your thread is a better location for more of your fellow Cruise Critic members to see it and help you.

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory!

Kat 110105_emYA10_prv.gif

'Tis the season to be jolly...

On NCL, you can dress as YOU want to!

If you want to dress up all the way to long gown and tux...then go for it and enjoy! You won't be out of place and no one will even care.

If you want something in the middle and wear a nice dress and suit/tie (or just shirt/tie)....then go for it and enjoy! You won't be out of place and no one will even care.

If you don't want to dress up and simply wear polo shirts and Kahki pants to dinner on the optional formal night....then go for it and enjoy! You won't be out of place and no one will even care.

It's your cruise and so its your choice as to how you want to dress!

We were on the Dec 9 sailing and saw a variety of dress codes - many within our own group of six! The girls wanted to dress up, so we did and the guys did not want to dress up, so the didn't! We were quite a sight, I'm sure, the girls in cocktail dresses and guys in pants and tshirts.

I saw a handful of tuxes on both sea days which were dress up or not nights. There were many ladies with long dresses.

Do as you wish! You won't be out of place with whatever you decide!

Nikki

Archived