Ever booked your flights through Carnival?

Dee777

A group of 17 of us will be sailing on Valor Jan. 6/08. That would be 30 days from now. We purchased our flights through Carnival, and still don't have the particulars. Don't know the time or the airline. Don't even know if we will all be on the same flight. Has anyone else dealt with this before? Our trip was booked through a TA, who can't get any answers out of Carnival either. Just wondering if I am being unreasonable about the whole thing? It would greatly help us to further plan our trip if we could at least know somewhat in advance whether we have to spend the night in the city we are departing from the night prior, if it is to be an early flight, or if it is later then we could drive the 3 hours to get there without rushing. If we get into Miami early enough, we would like to rent a car for the night before the cruise and do some sightseeing.... Thank you for any help you can offer!

Dee

You probably won't know for a week or sol. That's because Carnival probably won't purchase the airfare 'til then. The entire group of you may [or may not] be on the same plane/seated next to each other. Cruise Air [this is the case with any cruise line] is solely designed to get you from "Point A" [where you live] to "Point B" [debarkation]. In most--but not all--cases it's cheaper to buy airfare on your own

Thank you for your reply, I did not know that Carnival did not buy the seats until the last minute. So, what happens if Carnival can't get enough seats for all of us? We aren't worried about sitting together or even all being on the same flight. We just want to GET there!

Thanks again!

Dee

:cool:

A group of 17 of us will be sailing on Valor Jan. 6/08. That would be 30 days from now. We purchased our flights through Carnival, and still don't have the particulars. Don't know the time or the airline. Don't even know if we will all be on the same flight. Has anyone else dealt with this before? Our trip was booked through a TA, who can't get any answers out of Carnival either. Just wondering if I am being unreasonable about the whole thing? It would greatly help us to further plan our trip if we could at least know somewhat in advance whether we have to spend the night in the city we are departing from the night prior, if it is to be an early flight, or if it is later then we could drive the 3 hours to get there without rushing. If we get into Miami early enough, we would like to rent a car for the night before the cruise and do some sightseeing.... Thank you for any help you can offer!

Dee

:cool: :cool: For the first time I booked air through carnival - and I will tell you I am pretty pleased. I am from Canada and the last time I cruised we booked our own air. I cost us $750.00 return. This time it cost us 450.00 and because of our location and connections they had to fly us out a day early. Because they are flying us out a day early they are providing us with hotel accommodations (sweeeeet). How much better can it get. Check your documents on your site. It should show something, hopefully.

If you need more info on how to access send a message and I can give you my email address. Cindy (smiling in the great white north):cool: :cool:

I have to agree with Tbay-eh. We're sailing on Jan 5, and booked air through Carnival. At $379 from Montreal, it was a terrific price, too good to pass up even if it meant connections.

In early November, Carnival Fly Aweigh Department contacted us about our flights. They were saying that they were overbooked for same day flights and would we mind flying in the night before to FLL instead of MIA. I said OF COURSE!!! DUH!!! We would have preferred to fly in a day early at any rate.

Carnival is paying all transfers to the hotel, to the ship the next day, + the hotel (Hilton). Also transfers back to FLL at the end of the cruise. PLUS we got direct flights coming and going on Air Canada. Couldn't ask for better.

I recently phoned Air Canada and booked our seats each way. Just gotta print the boarding passes of their site the day before we leave.

27 days!

Dee

Go to Carnival.com and check you e-docs. Flights are supposed to be posted there up to 70 days in advance.

Our experience with air booked through Carnival was a very positive one. We got our flight details when we got our cruise docs. As another poster said... don't fret... they are coming. And they will get you there. You booked air through them... they will have seats for all of you... I assure you!!!!

We were late leaving on our first leg of our flight. (plus the flight was overbooked) We missed our connection. Carnival had a rep at the airport making other arrangements for us and split our group up to do it... some flew into Miami some to FLL. There were so many people flying out of the northeast that had booked their air through Carnival that they actually held the ship for about an hour waiting for all of us to arrive. They were right there... at each airport... taking care of us. Granted... it was very stressful almost missing the ship and since then, we go a day before. However... if we had booked our own air and missed a connection... we would have been on our own.

No worries.... it will all be ok. Have a great trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My family always book the air through Carnival. But my first cruise, I was bugging the TA about flight arrangements. I wanted to know seat assignments, flight times and what type of plane. I am not sure if I wanted to know just to make sure everything was set or if I wanted to know because I was so excited! But hang on, all your information will be coming soon.

We've done it twice and both times it worked out Ok. We're from Thunder Bay and you can't beat the price - they fly us down a day early, put us up in the hotel (Hilton at the airport both times) and take care of the transfers. Last time they couldn't get us a flight out the same day as the crusie ended so they put us up in the hotel in Miami for another night!

In 2004 we booked everything through Carnival and had no problems. This year on our February 2007 cruise I booked through Carnival again because I had a big group coming. Well that was a mistake. Carnival not only waited until the last minute, but flew us out the same day. My TA had them on tape saying that they were going to fly us out the day before when she originally booked us, then all of a sudden they switched it and decided they were going to fly us out same day. From Winnipeg to Toronto, then Toronto to Florida. Did I mention they only gave us 1 hour in between our flights? We had to get them to hold the plane for us so we could catch it on time. On debarkation they also send you back late in the day which sucks. I'm guessing they do this so that you do one of their excursions which conveniantly brings you back to the airport afterwards. I was not pleased, and neither was anyone in my group. Needless to say I did not let that ruin my cruising...nor did it stop me from booking with Carnival again, but I will not book flight with them anymore.

Thank you all very much for your positive posts!

I had been checking our Carnival documents online for some time now, and on Friday late afternoon, the first schedules began showing up. I am still waiting for a few more to come, but what I have now is a good start!

Thanks again to all who responded!

Dee

WE are leaving Dec 24 and just got our flights on Friday

Hi mmemichele, caught your post on the Miracle for the 24 but haven't seen you on the Carnival Roll call site. There's a few of us that have been chatting about our cruise for a while. Got our tickets from Winnipeg last week.

See you at the roll call or on the ship.

Canuk

Archived