Connecting Cabins On Navigator??

I am wondering if anyone has ever booked a D1 cabin ( ours in on deck 10) that was next to a Grand Suite and been asked ( or told) to move in the case that the people IN the Grand Suite need the connecting cabin !!

This is our first time EVER on a cruise and I called RCC and they said that once you have your cabin # they will NOT make you move!!

now if they need OUR cabin and move US to the Grand Suite thats a whole different story :D

We would never book a connecting cabin unless we had family or close friends in the cabin we're connecting to. Are you attracted to the fact that your D-1 is connected to a Grand Suite? Or, is it the last D-1 on Deck 10? We had a connecting cabin once -- the people in the connecting cabin smoked heavily (so, we did, too, for that week!), plus we could hear everything going on next door (and I mean everything). This may not be such a problem if the connecting room is larger and therefore the smoking and the . . . ahem . . . aren't going on so close to the connecting door. Again, however, I would select a non-connecting cabin -- unless you have a really good reason for selecting the cabin you did (like you must be on Deck 10 and it's the last cabin on the level). And, even then, what is the attraction of Deck 10? They all look the same -- and the D-1's are the same, regardless of what deck you are on.

we booked the cruise through a TA and after she gave us our cabin # I noticed where it was and questioned her about it , she said it should be ok?

this is our first cruise and we were not sure if all the cabins are the same!

thank you SO much for that advice, the only thing we told the TA was that we just wanted to be in the middle somewhere but I was more concerned about them moving us then what could possibly be going on next door!

I am so sorry you had to put up with your neighbors who were smoking and everything else :eek: I would NOT be too happy if we had that going on for our first cruise experience!

I will be calling to change our cabin tomorrow!

thanks again!

Deck 10 cabins are great if you spend alot of time at the pool. No need for the elevators (and the long waits that go with it!) One flight up, and there you are!

I wouldn't worry too much about having a connecting door--just remember, if you can hear the folks next door, they can hear you, too! If they get a bit noisy, you can let them know!

thanks for the info, for some reason I didnt know there were stairs!

we hope the weather is good enough to spend a lot of time at the pool and work on my tan.. my husband told me i am so pale he can see my veins thru my skin!!:eek: I will try to relax now about this..thanks CRUISEPEAS ( aka Steffi)

if we do hear the people in the cabin next door , we will just have to be louder then them ! haha :D

I just found out that the GS next to us is booked( lucky people!)

I called our TA today to possibly change to a JS, but now that they are $700 more then what we paid for the D1 I will pray we have good cabin neighbors!

actually maybe as we get closer to sailing ( Jan 28) I will try that :D

thanks!

Cb at sea,

I assume you have stayed on deck #10 on the NOS. We are staying on deck 10 as well on an upcoming cruise. Did you have any problem sleeping with the noise level from the pool deck/windjammer traffic? (deck chairs moving around in the morning, crew clening...) We are in the aft like under the windjammer. (#1357) There is a big empty space between our cabin and the next set of cabins. That has me concerned as well. Wondering if that's a laundry area/storage? Any thoughts?

Archived