3 people in a room

Mrsdigi

I am looking to book a cruise on the Grand Princess. It will be me, my DH and DS. DS is a teen. I can't find info on how rooms are configured for three people. I know mini suites have a sofa bed, but what do regular rooms with balcony's have for the third person to sleep in? If I can get a teen to sleep on the cruise!

Rooms configured for 3 or 4 have pull down "bunk" beds from the ceiling

After I posted I then saw that someone had had the same question answered. Anyway, when I get to "bed configuration" on the Princess website it only allows me to pick "twin." If I have to sleep with my husband like Lucy and Ricky Ricardo then I will pick the mini suite. thanks for your help.

This last spring we had our first balcony cabin. From what I could see, with a third bed (and frankly I don't know where it would be), it would have been wall-to-wall bed.:eek: Friends of ours who had mini-suites had a narrow sofa-bed in addition to the two twins and pulling that out would also have meant no access to the balcony. Sorry not be more encouraging...

Indeed, on at least one occasion, we were told that in order to lower the third bunk the bottom beds had to be in twin configuration. If this is a make it or break it for you, better go with the sofa bed.

A triple cabin is never roomy! The thing you have to do is get ready for bed in shifts, then jump in bed and stay there until you get up in shifts and dress in the morning. But the rest of the day you are out and about enjoying the great ship's facilities so it is not a big problem.

You will probably have to lay down some laws for teen son. If he plans to stay out in the disco until 2 AM and then sleep until Noon, it can cause a problem with room in the cabin for Mom and Dad.

Have a GREAT cruise!

This last spring we had our first balcony cabin. From what I could see, with a third bed (and frankly I don't know where it would be), it would have been wall-to-wall bed.:eek: Friends of ours who had mini-suites had a narrow sofa-bed in addition to the two twins and pulling that out would also have meant no access to the balcony. Sorry not be more encouraging...

We had our sofa on the Grand made up for our DD. It is a twin, does not block anything. It didn't pull out across the room at all.

We've sailed with our daughter, son in law and their 2 kids on both the caribbean Princess and the Crown Princess. Their cabin included king (queen?) bed and the kids were in 2 separate bunk beds which came down from the ceiling and were out of sight until they were opened.

After I posted I then saw that someone had had the same question answered. Anyway, when I get to "bed configuration" on the Princess website it only allows me to pick "twin." If I have to sleep with my husband like Lucy and Ricky Ricardo then I will pick the mini suite. thanks for your help.
Oh Lucy,

You really do want the mini suite if you can take the cost. We took our daughter on the Med cruise for a graduation present from college and she said the sofa bed was remarkably comfortable, plus when the room is in the daytime configuration it gives you extra space to spread out when you are in the room at the same time. The balcony adds to that.

We had one cabin with the pull down beds, but didn't use them. Being only the two of us the steward made the beds into a queen configuration. There wasn't enough room for a full aisle on either side, as the upper beds protruded into the aisle but we could still get in/out of bed. We were told that with upper beds down it becomes a safety issue to not have the center aisle.

I like the Sun Princess class better as their upper beds nested in the ceiling. They would still have the center aisle issue when in the nighttime position.

Archived