Navigator of the seas review 12/03 thru 12/08

dfishner

Dale,

How was the tendering process in Belize? Did you change your time to Belize time while in port? Wife and I want to book a private diving excursion and they (Star Tours) want to pick us up @ 9:00 @ the pier. Is that doable?

Dale,

Can you elaborate on Belize and the cave tubing. We are torn on whether to go to Bannister Beach or cave tubing. How did you like Belize. I have read mixed reviews on this stop. Was your excursion through RCCI?

Again Thanks,

Charlie

There is not much to do in Belize and cave tubing took up much of the day. We did our excrusion through a private tour cavetubing.net ********* adventures. We really like it because the tour was small. They take you through their rain forest it was about 1 mile walk and they stop and explain about plants and trees, then you go into the river and caves. They were good tour guides and very funny and we were back at the port in plenty of time to get back on the ship.

Dale,

How was the tendering process in Belize? Did you change your time to Belize time while in port? Wife and I want to book a private diving excursion and they (Star Tours) want to pick us up @ 9:00 @ the pier. Is that doable?

The tendering process was not bad, you did need to get your tender tickets early on the pool deck they first told us 8:30 but changed the time to 8:00 ship time which made it 7:00 Belize time. So yes it is doable and they normally well wait for you. When you get off at the Port in Belize it is small and the tour operators will have signs with your name of it right in front. On our tour the operator waited about 1/2 hour for one party that did not show. I would confirm with your tour operator what to look for when you arrive at the port.

Thanks for your response. We have sailed RCCL 6 times but never a big ship like the NOS. Does it seem more crowded with all of the extra pax everywhere. I would imagine there were always lines @ the buffet, lines @ the bars, lines getting into the shows.... Any comment? Also, does that ship have a cinema on it?

Bob, the first group which was the express one who carried their own luggage did not depart the ship until 8:15 and they still needed to go through customs. I would suggest you take a later flight or leave the next day. We were white tags and we were the next to get off, I did not clear customs until 9:20 hope that helps.

Hi Bob, We were on the Navigator from 11/29 - 12/3 and I concur with Dale. Glad to see you'll be changing your flights. We were one of the first groups set to disembark and there was a delay.

Enjoy your cruise on the Navigator. She is beautiful and our cruise was wonderful.

Nancy

Thanks for your response. We have sailed RCCL 6 times but never a big ship like the NOS. Does it seem more crowded with all of the extra pax everywhere. I would imagine there were always lines @ the buffet, lines @ the bars, lines getting into the shows.... Any comment? Also, does that ship have a cinema on it?

I was very surprized but the ship did not feel crowded at all, and our sailing the lounges were never that busy that we could not find a place to sit. The lines at the windjammer were the usual crowd the same with the shows always found a good seat, the ship does have a cinema did not use it. We also found many quiet spaces on the ship. We were always a little hesitant about taking a ship that large but now that we did we can't wait to go on another one.

Archived