Quality Inn South at The Falls - Miami

cvanhorn

IMHO, a bad choice

This is an old strip motel, right on US 1 about 15 miles south of the port.

True, it was recently refurbished & it is only a few miles from "the Falls" at nice shopping center with places to eat etc....a cab is going to be $$ and franky I wouldn't want to park my car there over night!

I used to live right next to the Falls, and later a little farther south, right on the Bay. The US 1 corridor is commercial and older residential......property values go up every block you move away from US-1

You'd be MUCH better off to look for something in Coconut Grove. If for some reason you really want to be in this part of town, look for something around Dadeland Mall at Kendal and US-1. This is the south end of MetroRail and there are a couple of good hotels there.

Thanks! I called and they do have free parking during a cruise, but they thought a taxi might be around $50. Probably not much better according to reviews, but booked the Days Inn Miami Airport North for about $40 more and NO free breakfast, but they do have parking and a free shuttle to the cruise port.

I stayed there one night in a pinch, about 2 years ago, while in Miami in February (in Feb., if you didn't reserve months and months in advance, this is what's left!). It's very basic and noisy. There is a lot of highway noise from the traffic on US1. It's also quite a hike back to downtown Miami and the port area. I'd hate to see the taxi bill for ride. Traffic on US1 can be heavy even on a Saturday or Sunday morning and it's nothing but one traffic light after another from the Quality Inn back to the port. It took us over an hour to drive there from downtown, and we experienced the same the next day coming back to downtown.

Archived