Playing 'Hide the Conquest'...

*Mach*

The Ecstasy is leaving now. The bigger news is that tropic storm is in the path of the Conquest. They should meet up in Grand Cayman on Wed.

Now i hadn't heard about a tropical storm!!:eek: What a mess! I hope Carnival doesn't get blamed for this tropical storm!!:D :D ;)

The Ecstasy is leaving now. The bigger news is that tropic storm is in the path of the Conquest. They should meet up in Grand Cayman on Wed.

Can someone tell me how I can look into this tropic storm? Thanks for the replies...

I'm glad the Ectasy is out of port... Good grief on this weather out of Galveston...

Weird weather all over the US - I'm here in Las Vegas and it's really cold! Just drove to southern CA and met up with a snow storm over the pass over the weekend... :eek:

Thanks again for the info and for those of you leaving soon on your Carnival cruises... happy sailings and happy holidays...

Dona :)

This morning I was waiting for my ship to come in, well it was a long wait, but here I am! Capt says we will make up the lost time and be on schedule for Progresso! But the waiting got really long in those lines!

A bunch of us were watching when Ecstasy finally pulled out! Glad to see y'all didn't have to spend the night in port like Conquest did!:eek: When you get back from your cruise and get a chance, be sure to let us know all the details, especially about the embarking and fog, etc.:)

This morning I was waiting for my ship to come in, well it was a long wait, but here I am! Capt says we will make up the lost time and be on schedule for Progresso! But the waiting got really long in those lines!

Wow thanks for checking in! So glad you got out tonight and can enjoy your cruise. Wish we could hear from someone on Conquest.

Thanks for the report. Would it have been easier if the port had had better facilities? I wonder if all the cruise ship terminals in the US are as devoid of amenities as the one in GAL.

Thanks for the report. Would it have been easier if the port had had better facilities? I wonder if all the cruise ship terminals in the US are as devoid of amenities as the one in GAL.

The port facilities have nothing to do with the weather. An updated terminal might have made it more comfortable but do you spend millions of dollars to upgrade for the exception or do you design for the rule? I know that Carnival has invested over three million dollars in the terminal, themselves. The facilities in some other ports are vastly more handsome, i.e. the new terminal in New Orleans, the terminals in Miami and FFL and the newest kid on the block, Bayport in Houston but the crux of the matter is how it effects your cruise experience. I suspect the terminal is WAY down on the list of 'what makes for a great cruise'...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it... or in this case, replace it.

Galveston continues to improve operations and even the appearance of the facility, no mean feat given the age.

You know ive seen several complaints on the Port at Galveston and weve never had a problem there. Weve always found parking easy, I book that on line it never took long to get on the ship. They were even doing construction in April and we had to walk through the basement about a mile to get on the ship but it didnt take long at all. I guess were lucky. Now Miami in August was terrible...what a mad house and no kidding the walk to get on the boat seemed like 3 miles. Port Canaveral is my favorite port.

The port facilities have nothing to do with the weather. An updated terminal might have made it more comfortable but do you spend millions of dollars to upgrade for the exception or do you design for the rule? I know that Carnival has invested over three million dollars in the terminal, themselves. The facilities in some other ports are vastly more handsome, i.e. the new terminal in New Orleans, the terminals in Miami and FFL and the newest kid on the block, Bayport in Houston but the crux of the matter is how it effects your cruise experience. I suspect the terminal is WAY down on the list of 'what makes for a great cruise'...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it... or in this case, replace it.

Galveston continues to improve operations and even the appearance of the facility, no mean feat given the age.

Mach: Well said. I really never paid attention to the port as I was too anxious to get on the ship. I would rather that Carnival spend more money to make Debarkation better then it was the last time I got off the Conquest in Sept 06. I think I made up a new word Debarkation!!

Robb

Mach: Well said. I really never paid attention to the port as I was too anxious to get on the ship. I would rather that Carnival spend more money to make Debarkation better then it was the last time I got off the Conquest in Sept 06. I think I made up a new word Debarkation!!

Robb

Nope... some guy named Webster beat you to it!

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/Debarkation

;)

Mach: Well said. I really never paid attention to the port as I was too anxious to get on the ship.

Robb

That is ME as well! To ME, the terminal is just where I HAVE to go before getting to the ship! Although, I've never been stuck IN that terminal for hours either...lol! :eek: ;) :D

I've sailed from Galveston four times. I've also sailed from New Orleans, Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. I just don't see how Galveston is any worse than the others. I guess I have just been very lucky. On all four cruises from Galveston we arrived at the pier at 11:00 am, checked in and were on the ship at noon, fast, easy, very short lines and plenty of seating while waiting for boarding to begin.

If you search the forum you can find complaints about every port. If your cruise happens to be the one with a problem you will have a bad experience. If it is your first and only time in that port you naturally will "blame the port". I know the Oct. 2006 CC-group cruise on the Conquest had a horrible time clearing customs and immigration when they returned. It was due to the quarterly clearing of the crew through immigration. I know that isn't any comfort if it caused a missed flight and an unscheduled overnight stay but it has nothing to do with the Port, it is ICE's call.

The one thing that would concern me about Galveston is the distance to the airports. I can certainly understand how this would be a put-off. Since we drive to Galveston it isn't a problem for us, but it has nothing to do with the port facilities. I guess I just don't understand what type of amenities would make the terminal more comfortable? A sports tavern maybe?

That is ME as well! To ME, the terminal is just where I HAVE to go before getting to the ship! Although, I've never been stuck IN that terminal for hours either...lol! :eek: ;) :D

Yep...me too! I've gone out of Los Angeles, Galveston, and San Juan...all with no difficulties whatsoever. I really didn't even notice the terminals that much at all. Guess I was too excited :D

Well her luck this week just hasn't changed, she is now skipping Grand Cayman tomorrow as well.

From the CC News Page:

Update: A spokesman for Carnival Cruise Lines has announced that Tropical Storm Olga has prompted an itinerary change for Carnival Conquest. Conquest will forego its scheduled stop at Grand Cayman on Thursday, instead calling on Cozumel a day early. On Friday, when the ship was orginally slated to call on Cozumel, Conquest will visit Progreso. The ship's time in each port has also been revised and is as follows: Thursday in Cozumel (7 a.m.-5 p.m.), Friday in Progreso (9 a.m.-5 p.m.).

Archived