NCL ships/Kids vs Seniors

Xelcaz

Hi there...

We are trying to figure out our 2008 cruise...

What ship in the NCL fleet is more kid friendly then the others for Hawaii?

I heard from an in-law that went on an NCL ship (hawaii) that it was primarily seniors..

I would like to avoid that as on our last cruise.. we had seniors next to us (BA cabin) and our kids were in the room next to us(ba cabin as well), and well between our kids (who rarely were in the cabins) and the baby across the hallway.. who cried a lot there were complaints about noise from our area (and our kids were not even in the room!!!)..

lets just say, any cruise with an excessive amt of seniors is not the ship for us...I'm sure you parents out there know the cranky complainers I'm talking about... (If my kids were noisy, they did it in the pool or in the kids clubs where they spent 90% of their time.. so on the rare occasion our kids were in the room, just chilling and talking out on the balcony's...they were not noisy or disrespectful of others .. and I would just like to avoid the situation if at all possible...

So my question is: Are there ships that are more targeted to Seniors? and If so what are they so I steer clear of them!

thanx

:o

I don't think it is a ship as much as it is a time. Seniors generally try to avoid cruising during times when school is not in session for the same reasons...to avoid kids.

I would think a Spring Break, Christmas Break or summertime cruise would be less Seniors than school periods. I would especially avoid September - November, which tends to be big Senior travel times.

Well... We were on an x-mas cruise....you would think the cranky pants would have waited until Jan to book... at any rate... Any suggestions regarding Hawaii??

And yes, you would think the people who booked on a Dec cruise would have said oh, the kids are out, there had to be 500 kids on our ship!!

As a rule (not strictly followed), seniors tend to cruise at times when school is in session and during the colder months.

Most seniors will avoid spring break time and summer time when school is out -- but it depends on the area of the world where the cruise is.

On almost every cruise, you will find some seniors -- as one lady on this forum put it so well 'For a lot of seniors, Any day on Any ship on Any cruise line is better than a day at home'.

And a lot of seniors (such as myself) fantasize about dying on-board a ship and being buried at sea!!! It won't happen, but we still can dream . . .

Well if I'm ever next to a senior I can only hope they are as nice as you :)

The lady in the cabin next to us was always angry at her DH as he slept many a nights on their balcony after he got a firm reaming LOL

Sheesh now that I think of it, I should have called in complaining about her incessant whining and yelling at her DH...

(Poor guy)

:D

Well... We were on an x-mas cruise....you would think the cranky pants would have waited until Jan to book... at any rate... Any suggestions regarding Hawaii??

And yes, you would think the people who booked on a Dec cruise would have said oh, the kids are out, there had to be 500 kids on our ship!!

No suggestions regarding Hawaii....BUT....I LOVE when kids are on the ship...they bring "joy" to everyday and every ship:)

If the cranks want to cruise on a quiet ship...they'd better check the school calendars or live with it...were they not ever kids..were they born old :confused:

i think Xelcaz refering to children who are running around the pool

and public area s unspervise d..

i think we ve all seen this and it s disturbing only that we fear for

the safety of these children..it s just that during holiday period s

there are more children aboard and the chance s of an accident

involving a child is more likely..*and heaven know s what happen s

to the reputation of a cruiseline if a child is injure d* :rolleyes:

the wife and i do choose to cruise during time s of the yr that have

proven to us where the passenger mix is more to our style..

Seniors take the longer cruises, because they have more time. Families with much younger kids can still cruise at anytime. The smart ones do NOT travel during normal school breaks. Families with school age kids are somewhat restricted on when they can sail. Our kids are grown and we work hard to avoid those times.

We love kids, but do not enjoy a cruise when they are running up and down the hall and parents are not paying attention. That problem will increase with the number of kids on the ship.

Archived